Sports massage in Glasgow

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pacifist_Jihadist, Sep 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having gotten back into my running again im currently having muscle tightness in my calfs that stretching cant seem to fully remove thus getting pretty annoying. I have seen the physio back in march who diagnosed me with the early on set of shin splints and later cleared me after some sessions. But she said if i have any future problems consider a sports massage. So does anybody know of a good one in Glasgow or anything i should be on the look out for in order to find a decent place? Thanks in advance.

2. A lot of charlatans in Glasgow. The best physio is the sports injury clinic at Hampden Stadium :) :)

3. Sports massage? So that's what they are calling it these days.
    Wouldn't expect to find anyone worth doing it for more than a tenner in Glasgow!

But on a serious note, would massaging/physio help shin splints? Tried a lot of things to bed mine down, but it's still lingering like a range-stew fart.

4. Milesy, charlatans indeed hence why i wanting to check them out first. I knew there was a clinic at the stadium, but is it not purely for teams/professionals hence very expensive?

Hedphelym, it depends on what is causing your shin splints as its an umbrella term for many problems. In my case its muscle tightness so a sports massage is beneficial. Have you been to a physio about it? The NHS run physio clinics all over the city, you just need to phone up and book an appointment.

5. Basically. I went to three physios in Glasgow. They all offered me sports massage to loosen my muscles and IT Bands which were giving me bad knee problems and sore hips and the lot.

I went to hampden park. The physio there showed me the proper stretches I needed to be doing and told me to get a physio roller - a foam roller. The branded ones cost a fair but, but a plain foam roller off ebay done the trick. I have a bunch of excercises to do with the roller which loosens up the muscles in the same way that a sports massage would.

I didnt think hampden was any more expensive than anywhere else, but you can be assured that with the fact they treat professional sportsmen and women they know what they are doing.

6. Embody Massage

These guys seem to know what they are doing,if its any help?