Sports Drug cheats and the Olympics

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by ugly, Apr 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Knowing that a fair few number of arrssers havent the time of day for the whole Olympic self feeding beast and thet ************* Coe, I am minded to put this in the Naafi after my last dragging of sports into current affairs.
    This drug cheat saga is rearing its ugly head again.Ex-Drugs Cheats' Olympics Life Ban Overturned - Yahoo! News UK
    It means cyclist Millar and sprinter Chambers, who have both admitted cheating with drugs, will be eligible to compete for Team GB at the Games
    Just read that, we cant even ban our own cheats, my gran would be spinning in her grave if we hadnt BBQd her!

2. It's simple. Regardless of qualifying times run, or how many times an athlete wins in various competitions through the year, the national body should pick a team or individual to represent your country. In football, rugby etc we have seen talented players "overlooked" when they've behaved badly, even when not officialy banned. If the governing body thinks an athlete has "served his time" and learned a lesson when his ban is up, then they can pick him/her. If they don't then they are not included.

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I dont take it then that you condone cheating? just curious because these sports persons are funded by us the tax payer and yet if a bus driver or airline pilot was caught theyd get a lifetime ban, ditto CDT for troops so you fancy rehabilitating all the coke heads? Its what the BOA is being offered, the chance to allow drug cheats to represent the country.
    I hope the ******* emigrate in shame!

4. Ahem.......
    :)

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Mine has got replies so he can be merged with me the fiend! Mooo who hahahaha!

6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

They committed the cardinal sin of being caught.

If you think that the rest of them are "clean" then more fool you.

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I'm under no illusion about our professional cheats in Lycra being any cleaner.

8. You mad, power-crazed fool you.:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. If the Court for Sport Arbitration (or whatever the hell it's called) thinks cheating's not so bad after all, then I'll do the 100 meters for Team GB. I won't require a tracksuit, either, a superbike should be all I'll need.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Would that be Sebastian Coe the skinny pasty-faced Tory supporting arse licking shortarse child molesting wife beater with suspected terrorist links who would blow Satan if the **** thought it would make him a few quid and get him on the telly the cheap nasty paranoid looking twat? Sebastian Coe who drinks in the Three Bulls Heads in Newcastle?

That Sebastian Coe?

Or Lord (Sebastian) Coe who used to run and now sits in The House of Lords?

I feel we should be clear. A creepy little skinny pasty-faced chancer? Or a member of the House of Lords?

• Like Like x 1
  11. There's a difference?
    I thought baroness Uddin proved otherwise(apart from the pasty-faced bit).

12. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Baroness Uddin has now paid back the £125,000 she ripped off from us, the tax payers, so she will soon take her seat in the House of Lords and rightfully claim £300 a day attendance allowance. So thats all right, eh?

I am just confused by the Sebastian Coe thing. I know one who is a pasty-faced little skinny shitehawk who I wouldn't piss on if he burst into flames, and who drinks in the Three Bulls Heads in Newcastle.

The other Sebastian Coe sits in The House of Lords.

13. One can only hope Uddin & her ilk suffer from spontaneous combustion in the near future - before the hosepipe ban is lifted.

14. In the old days (ie when the Olympics started) cheating was frowned upon.

Someone commiting a false start would have seven shades beaten from them with wooden rods by the games officials... they'd still be allowed to race mind.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

In the manner of Private eye, should we be told?