Sports day torch!!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Pebbles015, May 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The olympic torch came through the 'ford today.

What a load of crap. The village high street (it is not a city centre!) was ground to a halt for hours while local dibbles were limelighting and gurning like chimps at the gathered pointyhead population.

Said pointyheads behaved typically more window lickish than usual, which to be frank, I didn't think was possible.

I wonder if its going to be taken past the boathouse sparking books galore from the security detail.

2. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Aren't you the little killjoy?

3. Just seems like a lot of effort and resourses for a bloody overgrown candle, repeated at towns all over.

4. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

I saw the torch in Bristol on tuesday. Well, not the actual torch, mostly the crowd. What I actually saw was a lot of attractive university girlies in summer dresses hanging around waiting for the torch. And I got an ice cream. Anything that attracts scantliy clad girls and ice cream vans can't be all bad.

5. Except in Hereford!

6. Do you know how I know you are gay?

7. That said,the people of Leominster (having only recently been introduced to fire) must have been in complete awe.

8. The torch bearer did run the risk of being beaten to death by the crowd for being a witch.

Being able to bring forth fire with neither flint nor tinder is surely the devils work after all.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Is that the 'fordian chav mong version of gay or the good with dress sense kind of gay?

Whilst there are a smattering of tidy bints around here, alas, serious genetic dispositions have rendered them few and far between.

10. looking forward to it hitting south london.
    how many chav gangs will try to hijack it?
    hang on how will tell the chavs from the offical torch thingy holders?

11. Theres plod around the torch bearer disguised as chav too. They are the ones doing jedi mind shit on people nowhere near the torch and look a bit odder than the general crowd.

12. Didn't realise there was more than one of them, bit like Skippy