Sports afternoon/BBQ/Piss up original suggestions.

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by xxx_avenged_xxx, Jun 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been given the task of organising a BBQ on a wednesday (so including sports afternoon) for around 50-100 people. I could just let people play football etc then have BBQ and drink beer but ideally I should make the best of the opportunity and do something a bit more creative. Some element of competition maybe.
    Anyway i'm sure people here have had experience of events that have went well so i'm after ideas!
  2. Inter Troop/Pln beach volleyball (if you can get the cash for some sand).
  3. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Potted sports.

eg, tug of war, sprint relay, throwing wet sponges at the chain of command, a bit of Saturnalia, beer and BBQ.

Bed by midnight, officially, and a 5 mile run at 0730.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Cricket. Over 30's v under 30's. Everyone gets a chance to bowl, everyone gets a chance to bat, pick your own suitable maximum number of fielders allowed, bowlers must do a stint of fielding before they can bowl. There will be at least one obnoxious git who you know will contest the official result, so make them responsible for keeping the score.

Beer/cider is an integral part of this, it will not work without it
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Involve the families and ensure the junior officers mingle with everybody and ensure they dont forget their wallets, SNCOs/Officers against juniors. also again get the families to join whichever side they want
  6. And Red Rover!
  7. Can't we go for a run?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Tut..

And for non teeth arms...naked mixed wrestling.

Have you not been in the army very long or is it different to BAOR nowadays?
  9. Potted officer sports - croquet, fives, the Wall game and polo.
  10. Dragon boat racing, medicine ball volleyball, British bulldog, off ground "it", strip poker, shopping trolley jousting, burning puppy juggling.

Use you imagination for fucks sake.
  11. What's a "Daragon"?
  12. What time is it kicking off? If it starts at 1300hrs, you could have Drunken Dad Dance Off by 1900hrs.
  13. Well no, you can't.
  14. 128758105319702832.jpg
  15. That's a great way to beat some responsibility into the young uns :)