Sport spectator drinking ban hits Aussies

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by AFA06, Oct 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The drinking ban that has been around UK football matches for a while now has emigrated to Australia where motor racing fans have been cruelly restricted to a slab of beer a day at the Bathurst 1,000 four day car race.

http://www.madnessoftheworld.com/?p=976

Poor babies, how will they manage on only 96 tinnies.

2. Only 96? They will obviously have to go to a "no treat" rule...and not start drinking until gone eight...a.m.

[​IMG]

3. There won't be much 'mateship' on display - "drink yer own bluddy grog cobber!"

4. After reading it yesterday all I could think of was what would happen if a simlar ban came in for Army Navy?! Didn't do the usual train trip last year but does anyone know how did Boris and his underground drinks ban went?

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

The drinks bit is only on LT vehicles, tube, buses and trams, you can pish it up from Waterloo to Twickers all you want!

6. I think this is a bit rough on the Aussies. It'd take far more than the allocated 24 cans of their wee-coloured fizzy water to become even mildly inebriated.

Why's it called Castlemaine XXXX? Because they weren't allowed to advertise Castlemaine p!ss.

Anyway, like London water let's not take the urine out of Australian beer. It needs all the flavour it can get ;)

7. VB is quite a nice beer but 24 cans for an entire day? That's not much when you think how much you usually knock back at the Fiji v Navy game every year.

8. Jealous perhaps........ :lol:

9. Very! :D

FFS, it's the RN's job to go abroad and press-gang people into joining. Not the army. You're only a bloody jumped up militia! ;)

10. No, no, no my feathered friend...its because they can't spell Castlemaine much less pronounce it ! :D

11. Well my experience of 'Strines is that they talk a good pint, but can't measure up when the real boozing starts. I mean what do you expect when training for drinking with those poncy little schooners of wee ;)

12. I've heard a rumour that the UK brewerys are seriously thinking of getting rid of the pint glass and serving schooners - they say so they can serve stronger beer, I say so they can charge the same price as a pint and make more money out of us.

Anyone else heard this?