Sport Relief

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by k13eod, Mar 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Who chipped in then?

Unfortunately, I have as my 14 year old son is running the mile today and I felt obliged to sponsor him.

But as an event, Sport Relief sickens me. I saw on the Beeb last night that the FA chipped in with the grand sum of £240,000. Not bad seeing as they represent a league where clubs think nothing of spending 20million plus on one player. FFS, it's Sport Relief ... don't expect the general public to part with their well earned dosh when overpaid high earning sports stars/clubs/associations give next to fcuk all. If every player in the Premiership donated a weeks wages that's got to be in the region of 5-7million alone! :x

2. Cow

Cow LE

No me, was not interested in one bit. I have other charities I donate to and am able to see how my money is spent.

3. So are you saying that anonomous donations shouldn't be allowed then? Personally, I donate to a number of causes but I don't shout about it. If we waited for every player in the premiership to lead the way it would be sorry state of affairs.

4. But the Top Ground Gear Force with Clarkson, Hamster and May was fcuking hillarious. I thought Steve Redgrave was going to twat Clarkson when he saw the state they'd left his garden in. :D

5. Sport relief;
    being jacked off by over payed celebs who if they wanted to "make a difference" could donate some of their own inflated wages.

Not Jeremy and Co obviously

6. I imagine most of us on this site make donations and don't shout about it. All I'm saying is that for something billed as Sport Relief, it would perhaps be more appropriate if sports stars/organisations/clubs etc were seen [by the puiblic] to be supporting the event in a more generous way. If premiership players made a healthy contribution it could still be done anonymously but then advertised with 'a player donated ...' or better still 'every player donated ...' And of course not just footballers!

7. "No me, was not interested in one bit. I have other charities I donate to and am able to see how my money is spent."

Im with you on this one.. I dont donate to human charities.. they only waste it.. prefer to spend it on animal charities.. its sick human beings that cause animals (a lot of the time anyways) the pain they suffer... but thats just me.

8. Not this callsign. All my charridy money goes to Spanish Dave's drug habit, MDN's hamster fetish, marathon runners for Help for Heroes, the Dog's Trust, and I sponsor a granny in Sierra Leone but I think she's dead. Either that, or the selfish bitch doesn't bother to write to me.

9. Mostly very bone BUT - Top Ground Gear Force was fcking ball achingly funny, nearly swamped myself laughing when Hamster wheeled out the rotating jet engine BBQ.

10. Only give to HM Forces charities.