Sport opportunities

Hey just wondering what sports opportunities are available to int corps soldiers. Have heard there are a few available but can't find any detail on which ones. Particularly interested in boxing and football if anyone has any further information that would be great.

Everything from Athletics to Zumba is or can be available.
Depends a lot on how good you are and how much you want it.

This is of course what used to be the case in the rest of the army but what you load of secret squirrel weirdos get up to now is anyones guess.

Darksider_Lady

Old-Salt
I don't know about Boxing but Footie is alive and well and the Corps team isn't doing too badly in the League. Currently there is a spotlight on sports in the Corps and if you have any sporting talent then you are encouraged to make use of it in whatever sport it is. The Corps football team is always on the look out for the next Aguero. There are regular Corps sports Intro Nights where you can meet with the various Sports Reps and make yourself known. So get your boots polished (there's a fine if you don't!).

ironr4tions

Old-Salt
Hey just wondering what sports opportunities are available to int corps soldiers. Have heard there are a few available but can't find any detail on which ones. Particularly interested in boxing and football if anyone has any further information that would be great.
If it's boxing in particular you're after, 14 Sigs might be a good bet. There is pretty much any sport available, and if it isn't, you can just set up your own gang.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

If it's boxing in particular you're after, 14 Sigs might be a good bet. There is pretty much any sport available, and if it isn't, you can just set up your own gang.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
14 sigs is due to close fairly soon I believe

Darksider_Lady

Old-Salt
I wouldn't hold my breath as I said it's been moving for the last decade to St athan. The problem is who would occupy Brawdy and more importantly Haverfordwest? Ever since it moved in people have complained about how far it is from major airheads and it was rumoured at one stage to be moving to Lyneham which would make more sense. No I think it'll be at Brawdy for a few years more! It's not that bad there when the sun comes out for that one day in summer!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Darts?

There's a couple of excellent dogging locations near the HQ.

Sailing seems to be very popular. The Corps even has its own Capt Ahab who's sole job seems to be organising sailing expeds to the Med, Carribean etc. I'm not even sure if he actually has a day job....

The most common sporting past time during my time in the Corps was Recovering from a Hangover (Germany & Cyprus) or Recovering from a Hangover (UK version - slightly smaller due to higher prices). Apart from that, Serious Masturbation was universally popular.

We are very good at running our mouths off, jumping to conclusions, and pushing our luck.

Sheepay

War Hero
As an unbiased ( honestly - although I am) commentator, the Corps is good on the Sport front.
That will, however, depend upon where you are.

Winter sport (in my profile, skiing/snowboarding) is very low key. Lots of money for the newbies, the slightly older of us are stuck in jobs without release opportunities, unless you're in Bn where it's simple.

Latest Threads