Sport...esp rugby

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by board_surfin, Aug 8, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ive just done a quick search to see if there is any info on this already & there wasnt any SO...

I have recently joined my local TA unit & i am expecting to start Phase 1 in september. As well being fairly active & keeping up with phys in an effort to make my training experience a little easier, I am keen to know if the TA has a Womens Rugby Club. Im pretty certain that my unit doesnt have a team as there are hardly enough women to make up a 7's team let alone 15! So im looking to go regional?!

Any advice would be appreciated.

in the mean time i will keep my eyes & ears open

Thanks in advance

PS you can ripp the pish as much as you like... ive heard it all before!

2. Sport was the first thing I asked about when I joined my unit, I knew my unit would not have its own Ice Hockey team but they put me in contact with the nearest military team even though it was RAF. I quickly started playing with them and went to the Tri Services Tournament where I got hooked up with the REME team made up of both Regs and TA, now off to tour Canada with the Army team for 2 weeks in November.

My advice is just find somewhere to play as soon as possible even if it isn't your unit or indeed arm, in my experience the TA love sport and encourage it at every oppurtunity.

What corps are you in? Best advice is to log onto their main site, most have links to sport from there. I imagine there should be a team out there for you.

3. Cheers Parry, Thanks for the advice! im sure i will find somewhere! Ice hockey is awesome! have you played for any club teams in the UK?? I know a couple of peeps who play, seen a few games in Canada as well! I love the action!

thanks again!

4. Played all the way up through juniors then at University, club wise I've played for Edinburgh and Dundee.

5. What Brigade are you with, or where in the country are you? I might be able to put you in touch with someone who can help. I know most of the OTCs have female rugby teams. If there's interest within your region/brigade, it wouldn't be hard to put together a team to take part in some sort of minor units competition.

6. Cheers!
    Im in Oxford, so come to think of it the OTC will definatly be an option! Im joining through the RGJ but with the AGC i think...not sure really- want to be a PTI in the long run!