Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by BrunoNoMedals, Jun 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

I've just acquired this game after putting it off for months. I promptly spent all night on it, finally going to sleep about 5am. It's awesome. I knew it was a big, bold idea but I had no idea how they'd pulled it off. Turns out, they did a pretty solid job of it!

I'm now beginning the tribal stage, having spent all night swimming around the primordial soup and then emerging onto land to beat the crap out of all comers. Normally I'd play the nice guy in something like this, but I'm finding the fight for survival a lot more fun when it involves big spiky things and gore.

Anyone else played/playing it? What do you think?

As an aside, I wonder how many lessons were learnt from the DRM fiasco that surrounded the release. With aspirations to make the game unbreakable, it became the most downloaded game in history. Talk about a backfire.
  2. Thankfully I ripped it. Got to the tribal stage and got bored of it very quickly.
  3. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

So not much more to look forward to?
  4. It's the same over and over IMO. Unless something spectacular happens that I've not reached yet?? But I'm not gonna find out eitherway.
  5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Got it, started it, blammed through it, and got bored at the point where I had to invade/destroy 5,000 planets to pwn the universe - AFTER getting to visit the sage dude at the centre of the galazy who told me some sage sh!t that I didn't battle and travel for a week to find out.
  6. I started playing it and my Spores evolved really far but then my Sporliticians got caught out in this big misunderstanding with their expenses claims and there was a massive nuclear revolution which wiped them out. Then I got bored and went to Pret. Avoid their bean soup, its average at best.
  7. I got bored on the last earth-bound stage, zapping other civilisations.

I think they should have made a whole game out of just the first level - I thought that was by far the most fun, swimming around the primordial soup finding things to eat and trying to avoid things further up the evolutionary scale. Perhaps they could have developed it so that your population rises/falls or evolves/goes extinct, based on the way you configure your little beastie.
  8. Oh yes they sell a variety of over-pric... *ahem* I mean perfectly reasonably priced lunch products.
  9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

When are you getting promoted? Pret-a-Rep sounds so . . . . . underachieving. :twisted:
  10. I've already started by shaving the word Pret into the back of my head and walking round Camden. If I'm good enough they might promote me even further to handing out leaflets.
  11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Ambition - it's as strong as ever.

I was always proud of the stars on my badge at McDonalds. It always confused me though, why we only got them on the first day.
  12. I dream of one-day working for MacDonalds but at the moment I'm just not good enough. I failed the BFT (Burger Flipping Test) last year and the medical officer told me that I just don't have enough acne or muscle wastage to be considered for a front line role.
  13. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Don't think for a second think that you aren't good enough. Concentrate on your training, and you'll be fine.

Things to focus on:

Dexterity: You've got to be able to manage to shake 'fries' in a basket at least 10 times per minute.

Fry Control Orders: SHOUT that request out. "CAN I HAVE THOSE FACKING NINES NOW PLEASE!"

Camouflage and Concealment: High-fat intake with coca cola every morning before 6am. Within a fortnight you'll be squeezing with the best of them and growing a fat arrse.

Stamina: Those floors don't mop themselves you know.

Self Control: Work on not punching those kids in the queue. They're wnakers, but you are a professional!
  14. Biped, you forgot the McDonalds mantra that must be repeated after every order:-

"Would you like fries with that?"

Even if they have only ordered fries.
    Or coffee, to quote Jack Dee "Yeah, fuck it, stick a sausage in it as well."
  15. Thanks for the advice Biped! I've contacted my local McRecruitment centre and have been invited along to the McGeneric selection weekend next month, I will use this time to get my flipping hand in shape and work on my vocal orders. I hope that soon I will be ready for the All Arms McCommando Mopping Course.