Spooky picture from Borneo...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by chocolate_frog, Sep 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes, it IS the Daily Mail. If the DM vexes your sensbilities press the x button top right now.

Maj (Retd) John Tulloch took a group of soldiers along the Borneo death march route way back in 2010...

During his recce he took the following picture.

[​IMG]

The skeleton figures are possibly from a towel left on the dash board reflecting off the windscreen.

More here Does this image show the ghosts of WWII prisoners on their death march? Former Army Officer takes haunting image along route they took | Mail Online

2. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Nah, not at all. ARRSE really does not have enough people who, along with 2m others, read the Daily Mail of a morning then think "2m people really are not enough people to read this fascinating fact. I know. I shall post it on the ARRSE in case ARRSE members either cannot afford the Daily Mail or, cannot be arsed to buy or read cheap drivel".

Thanks for your consideration. Do you have any links to Z list celebs in silly bikini's?

3. Do you look good in a bikini?

4. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Ah, that's the patrol that I was killed on. I said I would be back

5. TheIronDuke

Hi. Harry Potter is a family friend. Lets have a chat somewhere quiet, shall we?

Daily fucking Mail.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. That ones true... the little girl later becomes one of the fairies.

7. I can't remember who or be bothered looking it up (maybe Hislop?) but as someone once said: "The Daily Mail - with headlines posed as questions to which the answer is invariably 'No'".

8. On the subject of bikinis: Is it just me that is starting to find the one-piece swimsuit rather more fetching on a lady than the ubiquitous bikini? Something left to the imagination, over sexualised society blah blah *smokes pipe*

9. C-F, you really are going down in my estimation. Had all of the copies of the Mirror been removed from the Mess?

10. I am just too stingy to purchase my way through the Times Pay Wall.

And love it or hate it... the DM website is better than a fair few other websites. The Telegraph and Indy resemble what a web page designer with no eyes or fingers would cobble together by repeatedly headbutting the keyboard.

I've no idea what the mirror website looks like.

11. TheIronDuke

A very few. This is one of the very few websites it is marginally better than.

ACCEPT JESUS, FOREVER FORGIVEN!

12. "Maj Tulloch is now an instructor in jungle warfare for the Royal Artillery"

Last time I was happily skipping through the Bruneian jungle way way up the Labi Road there was not much call for artillery pieces. We did find an old Indonesian "bunker" left over from the 60's though, with a mortar plate...but no skeletons.

13. [​IMG]

How many 16 foot tall skeletons did the Japs capture in World War 2?

14. Still? He's getting some serious tree time in! he was teaching aural adjustment back in 2000.