Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Pox_Dr, Jul 28, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Did any one see Spooks tonight (BBC1 2100hr 28/07) it depicted an Army Maj & his men mutinying and holding the UK to ransom with a shipment of radio active waste.

His demands included a 50% wage increase for all servicemen & equipment to meet the riggers of a modern Army.

Makes you wonder if the writers have had a look at the ARRSE recently.
  2. Yes, except the Major came across as being bonkers.

Oh, OK...see what you mean.... :wink:
  3. Exactly what I was thinking!!!! Feels a bit strange to think our ramblings are being dissected by some (probably highly paid ..... :wink: ) operative somewhere.........probably a very junior one though....... :lol:

I thought it was extremely plausible - until the Major lost it at the end...........come on, don't tell me that contingency (fake load) would have been accounted for - in fact, why steal one at all, why not just assemble enough radioactive stuff in country and do the same thing - let me just answer that knock at the door.......

I also thought the ex-squaddie in the pub who wouldn't be 'chauffeur' was very believable......

I have relayed, in a previous post, the rumour I'd heard aboout Kitson being considered to have been possibly the only military man in recent history to have been likely to have pulled a coup, in the 70s.........("I was in Kenya once, young lady"...........and I didn't even know who he was........)
  4. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

It was all too real... especially the spoof "Join the Army" advert which has been seen on this site. Mutiny however is a serious thing and we should not bandy about the idea too seriously. There must be less radical ways of making our voice heard and I think that ARRSE is rapidly becoming one of them, but we need others.

One positive thing though, Spooks is a primetime high rating programme which will have raised many of our issues to millions for us - let us give thanks to whoever penned the plot.

However it was quite fun spotting the CSM wearing WO1 badges etc. Maybe we could make money for ARRSE by hiring ourselves out as Military Advisors - they obviously need them... Any subaltern who called his OC "Major" would still be doing extra's when hell froze over!
  5. 749

749 Old-Salt

thought it was pretty good though
    better than ultimate farce
  6. 749

749 Old-Salt

anyone remember the episode where Bush comes to visit????