Spooks - Too Near The Truth?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Norfolknchance, Dec 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On another thread, someone else has mentioned that the current series of Spooks is getting a bit like real life. For anyone who doesn't watch it, Iran and the West are at loggerheads about Mr Dinnerjacket and his country acquiring nuclear weapons. It's stirring stuff and I can't wait for BBC1 on Tuesdays at 9pm to catch the next thrilling episode.

But are we actually watching something which could really appear on the 9 O'Clock News at any time? The Yanks are cast as interfering muddlers who have their own agenda (to blow Iran out of the atlas!). Just seems to me that the writer(s) either have a very good imagination or they own a time machine and are warning us not to do what's in the last episode!

2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

wrong forum...

3. Nothing about spooks is remotely close to the truth.

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Too bloody true, though I've noticed the writers do read the papers a lot..

5. Who you calling "Spook", Peckerwood?

6. Do you mean the bit where trainee reporters are recruited overnight to save the World? Or where Adam gets to go through luggage in an overhead locker long enough for even the pilot to notice?

Do enjoy it though :oops:

7. And lets be clear. Any organisation that has it's head office in the HQ of the Freemasons has to be a little suspect?

8. My sincere condolances on your impending death, following the bizzare "fatal accident". Or "suicide".

Tragic! :twisted:

9. The watch will be ready at midnight ...............

10. Ssshhh. Don't let the rest know.

P.S. The doves fly higher above the crippled Prince ;-)

Tubs

11. Not even similar, apart from they both have a door.

12. My bad, Grandmaster! :D :oops:

13. I watched my first episode of spooks last night and I got ejected from my couch for heckling

14. That's you fecked, which bridge would you like?

The Elderflower only blossoms in the dark of Midday. And the Squirrel barks during the falling leaves of Spring...

Tubs

15. Fcuk it - I'm of to join The Stonecutters! :D