Spooks To Share Terror Secrets

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Gunny Highway, May 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The UK's latest move in the fight against terrorism is a secret project to bring together intelligence data from the UK's security agencies, say reports.
    The project, called Scope, is intended to share information between nine government departments, MI5 and MI6 and cost millions of pounds, according to Computing magazine.

Technology suppliers have been given initial briefings on the project after signing a secrecy agreement, it said.

It is one of several schemes introduced by the government following the September 11 terror attacks in the US.

Hopefully, not another waste of tax payers millions on a system that doesn't work.
  2. ... and it will be delivered late; over budget and then it will have to be redesigned to make it do at least 20% of what it was supposed to do in the first place.

No doubt it will be "hacked" into and the "secrets" exposed to the world on the www.

Why not save the time and money and put all the terrorist details on the www anyway and offer rewards for "sighting reports" or "int" on the bounders, old chap!
  3. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Of course that will all go to rats when El Presidente signs us up to the Euro-State and we have to start sharing our intel with the Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys, who in turn will be sharing/selling it to all of our enemies. Then the US will stop playing ball and we will be relegated to a nice island with a big airport and FA else of any military/intel use to anyone.
  4. msr

msr LE

Surely you mean 'landing strip for the USAF', seeing as Walmart will be providing all the shopping malls?

5. SCOPE ?  Joint Intelligence ?   Bring together intelligence agencies ?   What fcuking bollox is that ?  Sigmoido - scope my arrse.    

Don Rumsturd says WMD must have been destroyed before GW2.   Tony B-LIAR says WMD still exist, we just haven't found them yet.   Hans Blix couldn't find any before he was kicked out.   Saddam said he didn't have any but if he did he'd use them if Iraq was attacked.   Sure.   One of the intelligence sources must be right then.

Is it OIL OIL OIL OIL OIL OIL OIL ?   Or is it a random knee-jerk reaction against muslims to 9/11 9/11 9/11 9/11 9/11 9/11 ?

Ooops.  Gulp.   Maybe I shoudn't have asked if Scope is on the case.    I hate to point out the significance of the organisation that already bears that acronym.  

I'll be waiting with my baseball bat for the early morning call guys.   Try to make it before 6 a.m. - I'm usually out earning a living by then.   5 a.m. would be good - try to turn up all at the same time.   Leave a note, if I'm not in - I'll call back later with some really sh1t-hot tips.

PS I'm just going out for a walk.   I may be some time.
  6. Hey, here's an idea.  Why not pay civilian int staff a decent wage to attract decent staff ?   Oh wait, it'll cost too much so lets throw a few milllion at some new IT and hope no-one notices.  

Cynical ? Moi ?
  7. There's nothing new under the sun...

If the cap fits.......

more details at http://www.archive.official-documents.co.uk/document/cm48/4897/4897.htm

and re Scope, don't laugh too loud  because some of you Army types know one or two of those involved in it!
  8. What was wrong with the post Christmas party natter and a few beers in the Queen Anne to "spread the wealth"??

Who is that knocking at this time of night whilst I am in the wardrobe with a diet coke bottle on the door handle??

(No1 tricks skills and drills LOL)

Makes me smile
  9. wow thats zombiereffic 7 years to suggest a bluepeter use of a coke bottle
  10. Wonder how long it will be before the words 'lessons will be learnt' will be attached to this endeavour?
  11. I miss Gunny. I want to punch him for spelling my name wrong in his signature block.
  12. gives the game away, poor trade craft and to many Grolsch's from Main on the report
  13. That made a world of sense.
  14. It's the Thread That Would Not DIE!!!:omg:

PS: cool new avatar. Especially given what's happening in the Middle East/North Africa...
  15. The swallow flies north for winter...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.