Spooks - BBC1 now

#3
I can't watch Spooks, its so poor, I don't know how you can watch it. This one has MI5 doing an exchange of agents, FFS MI5 do the counter espionage, why would one of their guys be over spying in Moscow...
 
#4
WhiteHorse said:
I can't watch Spooks, its so poor, I don't know how you can watch it. This one has MI5 doing an exchange of agents, FFS MI5 do the counter security, why would one of their guys be over spying in Moscow...
cos that exaclty what they wouldnt expect lol
 
#5
Sarge_Knows_Best said:
WhiteHorse said:
I can't watch Spooks, its so poor, I don't know how you can watch it. This one has MI5 doing an exchange of agents, FFS MI5 do the counter security, why would one of their guys be over spying in Moscow...
cos that exaclty what they wouldnt expect lol
Ahhh now I see it. Frederick Forsyth eat your heart out...
 
#7
WhiteHorse said:
Sarge_Knows_Best said:
WhiteHorse said:
I can't watch Spooks, its so poor, I don't know how you can watch it. This one has MI5 doing an exchange of agents, FFS MI5 do the counter security, why would one of their guys be over spying in Moscow...
cos that exaclty what they wouldnt expect lol
Ahhh now I see it. Frederick Forsyth eat your heart out...
u see its all bout - they know that he knows that they know that he knows that they know that he knows that they etc
 
T

Tremaine

Guest
#11
My mate Dave Walters was in that mob he says just now, he says he knows that head of section on the telly, says he's a cnut, wouldn't do any more obbo's with him he says. Do I believe him or what? he might be lying, is he?
 
#12
Still a load of old cobblers then!

Surprisingly it's quite popular overseas, especially across the pond where it's been renamed MI-5 for the benefit of our easily-confused Seppo cousins!
 
#13
Taz_786 said:
Still a load of old cobblers then!

Surprisingly it's quite popular overseas, especially across the pond where it's been renamed MI-5 for the benefit of our easily-confused Seppo cousins!
This programme takes itself very serious and seems to be made to pacify couch potatoes, it's OK folks 'all is in hand'. No wonder the yanks lap it up like we (not me) lap up CSI Miami, CSI New York, CSI Anytown for 27 hours a day on Chanel 5.
 
#16
No I agree, its no where near 24, but BBC did show the first series of 24, then lost the contract for series 2, and suddenly spooks came out.

Well the company that make Spooks, also make Hussle, they approached CH4, with Spooks and CH4 said no one would be interested in it! BBC then said yes, as they had lost 24! As others have said its very popular in the USA.

But I put it in the same place as Soldier Soldier - As in if you are not a Soldier, or have never served, then Soldier, Soldier becaomes what you belive the Army is like. I guess its the same with the Bill?
 
#19
Random_Task said:
Taz_786 said:
Still a load of old cobblers then!

Surprisingly it's quite popular overseas, especially across the pond where it's been renamed MI-5 for the benefit of our easily-confused Seppo cousins!
Or because the term 'Spook'/'Spooks' isn't very PC.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spook

(no wah)
Interestingly, however, calling intelligence types "spooks" probably originated in the USA: many founding members of the OSS were "tombsmen" - that is, members of the secret societies ("Skull & Bones" at Yale is the most famous) at "Ivy League" universities. These arcane & deliberately elitist societies meet in strange, ornate, and always windowless clubhouses ("tombs" because they resemble mausoleums), and are often called spooks - cos it's all a bit creepy!

Many Hollywood films have parodied such societies, especially their initiation rituals. Both Presidents Bush were members of "Skull & Bones", as was Senator John Kerry, but the most famous "Bonesman", without doubt, is Montgomery Burns of Simpsons fame. Many, probably the majority, of the directors of the CIA, NRA etc have been members of these societies, and their "reach" in US Govt, big business, & on Wall St remains considerable. Who says America doesn't have an "Old Boy network"?!
 
#20
Tremaine said:
My mate Dave Walters was in that mob he says just now, he says he knows that head of section on the telly, says he's a cnut, wouldn't do any more obbo's with him he says. Do I believe him or what? he might be lying, is he?
Tremaine,

I think you should just let Dave push himself up your poopchute right now. He is obviously a steely-eyed professional who has done many ops with Vauxhall (wink, wink), Thames (****, ****) and Ashford - oh, no I mean Chix (don't for a moment imagine I'm not totally au fait) that the very least you can provide is a place in your lower intestine for him to deposit his man fat between ops.

IS
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top