Spoof re Brits in Iraq

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by fingers_1661, Dec 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Received in my inbox this morning. Do ARRSERS have any suggestions re winding the sender(s) up?

Reply-To : j_aku@strompost.com
    Sent : Monday, December 10, 2007 10:13 PM
    To : <me>
    Subject : FROM JOHNSON AKU(UK Brigade Combat Team)

Hello, My name is JOHNSON AKU, employed to work in Iraq as a language
    translator. I am attached to 1st BN, 68th Amour Reg, 3rd Heavy Brigade Combat
    Team, 4th Infantry as an interpreter. As you aware, we were being attacked
    everyday by insurgents through hostile fire and car bombs. SOURCE OF FUNDS: In
    April 2003, I and some other crew members in my team discovered $650M USD in
    Saddam Hussein's palace. In the process of cross-checking the funds, I and my
    unit head managed to move away a total sum of US$12 Million dollars cash out of
    the $650MUSD, mostly 100-dollar bills and was quickly flown out of the war zone
    as a military cargo. The cargo was later disguised and declared as personal
    military effects before it was flown to Europe where it is now deposited in an
    undisclosed FINANCE, SECURITY & TRUST COMPANY. You can as well click on the site
    below for more details about the source of the funds. The site will give you a
    bit of idea of our operation and how I came about the fun!
    d though the security & finance company where the cash consignments are
    deposited is not aware of all this information.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2988455.stm Unfortunately, my colleagues
    lost their dear life through hostile fire from the wicked Iraqi insurgents. I
    therefore seek your partnership in claiming and receiving the cash consignments
    from the finance and security firm where the cash consignments are deposited for
    safety for possible investments on viable businesses of mutual beneficial
    interest. I will take 60% while you are going to be entitled to 40% for your
    participation and assistance. I wish to inform you also that it is my fervent
    wish to leave the United Kingdom as soon as we successfully and smoothly
    conclude the transaction. Upon your response, I will send you the full details
    of the Security & Trust Company in whose custody the funds are lodged as well as
    the modalities of claiming and receiving the cash consignments. But you must
    assure me a!
    nd demonstrate it that you can be trusted as I need your unwa!
    vering assurances. I am presently in the United Kingdom where I am presently
    receiving treatment due to injuries sustained after our convoy came under heavy
    fire in a suburb area of Baghdad. Please reconfirm your full names, address and
    direct phone number immediately so that I can submit the information to the
    finance firm where the cash consignments are deposited for change/transfer of
    ownership in your favour to enable you claim and receive the funds. I promise
    you that there is no risk on both sides as far as you follow my instructions and
    take my advice. The transaction will be concluded under a legitimate
    arrangement. Please reply to j_aku@strompost.com Respectfully yours, JOHNSON

2. Is your e-mail running a bit slow? It was sent on Monday, 10 Dec but you only received it this morning?

3. The 68th Amour regiment?

They're just a bunch of Don Juans.

4. Aahh, the usual Nigerian scam, re-written again. There is a great website to follow these particular scams; great reading and a superb wind-up on the perpetrators.

5. The ususal tactic is request photos of them with fishes and bread or other such hilarity.

6. new method.. just forward H M paymaster Generals bank of England account details, all freely available on the interweb.

WW

7. Reminds me a bit of the plot from The Three Kings.

Therefore email to say that you agree but your banking details are on a piece of paper up your arrse.

8. Ask him if the the 68ths motto is still "death to all foreigners".

9. So, if I have read this correctly, he is saying that the insurgents are "wicked"?

How can anyone question that level of perceptive insight?

10. Its one of my 'junk' accounts. I only check it once a week to see if i've won the lottery:)

11. sounds like a job for arrse alright,maybe we could send a unit of walts out there with eagle 1 as their c.o. to liase and help with the transfer of funds?? 8O

has anyone got any candidates thety think could enhance the units chances of success in this hazardous mission? :wink:

12. I have heard that the unit that he claims to in has recently merged, with 49 Para.

13. There are only 2 men who should be sent out there:

Captain Sir Alan McIlwraith, KBE, DSO, MC
    Pte Mike Golden

14. your right - he'll sort them out no problem :D :D