Sponsored Walk in Aid of The RTR Benevolent Fund in Memory o

Discussion in 'RAC' started by memoryloss, Nov 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'll prise open my wallet, which is a small miracle for me, and contribute to this good cause

Major Paul Macro is doing a sponsored walk of 85 miles in memory of Cpl Scott Tpr Hall and Tpr Hammond of Eygpt Squadron 2RTR who were killed in action during the squadron's operational tour in Afghanistan in 2009. Paul is currently serving in Afghanistan.
    What: A sponsored walk of approximately 85 miles.
    When: Mid January 2010 (weather should be suitably challenging) I hope to take about 4 days to complete this. Exact dates tbc on my end of tour date, which is currently late Dec, but could extend into Jan.
    Where: The Shropshire Way; a circular route crossing a variety of terrain, including high moorland, from Church Stretton, via Bridges, The Stipperstones, Clun, Ludlow, Brown Clee, and Wenlock Edge.
    Why: To raise money for the RTR Benevolent Fund, in memory of Cpl Scott and Tprs Hall and Hammond. I have set a provisional target of £2,000.
    If you wish to sponsor his sterling effort please make you cheque payable to RTR BF and send it to
    Stanley Barracks
    BH20 6JA
    Please click on link for further details