Sponsored Reserve

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Bodhisattva, Feb 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

I am considering applying for a civilian job that has a requirement to be a sponsored reserve. It has stated that because I have been out of the Army for more than 12 months, I will need to take a BARB test.

I know that this creature was introduced a while ago but have no direct exprience of it or of its scoring relevance.

The job I am looking at requires a BARB score of 48.

I have just taken a mock BARB test online and got all questions in all 5 sections correct. Will this give me a score of 100 - am I correct in assuming it is a percentage?

2. msr

msr LE

It sounds like you are way over qualified for the job :)

3. What SR role is it?

4. Well, the questions were not exactly taxing. I got my 13 year old to run through them and he only got 7 wrong 8O

And to be fair, if a year 8 student could not handle a test of that nature, I would be straight up to the school to find out what exactly they were doing instead of educating my child!

It would seem that we are not exactly asking for a lot of intelligence in our potential recruits by way of this test :?

5. HET maintainer for Fasttrax (KBR)

I am an ex REME VM Sgt so should be able to handle it ok

6. One of the HET SRs I had on H7 was treated pretty badly by Fasttrax mate. About 2 weeks before he was due to end of tour they told him he was staying for another 3 months. They had no-one to replace him but as they were under contract to provide an SR they tried to just leave him out there and stopped returning his calls. PM me if you want more info.

7. Iam a HET SR, PM me if you want any info, will get back to you this eve.

8. Ooh !. Ooh !.

I love tests.

Where can I do the BARBie ?

9. IIRC, FasTTrax (contractually) have to provide 9 SR HET maintainers. They used to be affiliated to the three (now two) Tank Transporter Squadrons. Staying out on deployment over and above your tour should really be on an voluntary basis (the uplift in pay whilst out there being a rather large incentive).