Sponsored by squadron?

kimmy2014

Swinger
Hi I applied for regs last year captia took so long I gave up. Have re activated my application for reserves now. Have told capita the regiment and squadron I would like to join. Shortly after I had an email from the squadron inviting me down this week so they can sponsor my application. What does that mean/entail? I joined up with reserves in 2010 but fell pregnant so left but cant remember being sponsored by the unit.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Hi I applied for regs last year captia took so long I gave up. Have re activated my application for reserves now. Have told capita the regiment and squadron I would like to join. Shortly after I had an email from the squadron inviting me down this week so they can sponsor my application. What does that mean/entail? I joined up with reserves in 2010 but fell pregnant so left but cant remember being sponsored by the unit.

Aren't you the one allergic to rabbits?

kimmy2014

Swinger
Hello yes I am, spoken to a few recruitment people and hopefully should pass through ok. But don't understand the sponsorship thing?

Cromlech

Old-Salt
It's where the unit you want to go to, in turn say they want you. It would be a waste of time and money putting you through the recruitment process if it turned out no unit wanted to take you on.

Plus they will help push your application through the NRC if any problems arise (Well in my case they did).

kimmy2014

Swinger
Ah that's good, thank you for explaining that. My medical is going to throw up issues so nice to know they will try and help me through that. How long did it take you to get to selection?

Cromlech

Old-Salt
About 6 months. This was in part due to NRC f**kups and myself having to rearrange dates for PDA and selection. So long as you fill everything in as soon as you get it and regularly contact your CSM it shouldn't take too long.

Socksey

Clanker
If your unit want you they will help fight any medical issues etc...
It took me a year to get from application to attestation... was originally booked onto ADSC 9 weeks after my application but it was a mid week one and there was no other female so it got put back another 6 weeks... passed that... then there was all the fun and games with medical forms and the disclosure paperwork which kept going missing... but both my sponsoring unit and CSM kept pushing to get things sorted and finally in May it all went through and I was loaded straight onto Summer Challenge... travelling to that on Friday... yay...

Latest Threads