Split Minds

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by tucker203, Jan 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm in a debate with myself as to wether or not to change my job choice before I go to basic.
    I'm due to start phase 1 as a REME VM on the 23rd Feb.
    But I'm seriously considering going for RE Fitter or RE Plant Operator Mechanic.
    If I was to change now, would my date for basic change? Not sure how much longer I can tolerate life at Royal Mail.
    On the other hand, If I went to basic on my set date, would I be 100% able to change there?

Anyone had any similar situations? Reccomendations?

2. I did the same as you mate.

Was going REME VM and changed to fitter gen. Start date changed from 16th feb to 2nd march, so only a couple more weeks.

Best to get it sorted now though i think if you don't wanna be a VM, afterall it could be a large part of your life :)

3. I'm in the same boat, I want to switch capbadge but I also want to be in the Army and earning now. I have been told that you can put in the request to change but it depends on writing a letter explaining why, an interview and of course whether the spaces are available.

4. How long ago did you change? I'm assuming the vacancies get shorter and shorter. I wouldn't mind waiting a bit longer if it means getting a job I'd enjoy more.

5. Speak to the Recruiting Team at the ACO you signed at. They are not Press Gangs and will give you the info you require.

Stop pussying about and give them a call, they won't think less of you for wanting to change trades.

6. Stop seeing your own arrse and give the lad a chance.

7. Please take an overdose Dale. What good have any of your comments ever done anyone? The only reason you are tolerated is because you have served and even I respect you for that.

Outside of that you should kill yourself. No one cares about you or what you say, you are the perfect example of why burds should never be allowed into the Army. So why not sink a few Vodkas and whatever pills u have lying around?