Split in Iraqi insurgency?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by msr, Jan 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. MSR,
    Not entirely to do with your post but you may be interested in this clip,seems to be from non AQ insurgents, can't tell if its legit.
    Got sent it earlier today.

Edited to add
    Still a load of b0ll0cks but makes a change from the usuall kill all infidels rhetoric.
  3. Well chaps.

let's hope the fockers kill each other off, makes our job that little bit safer!
  4. msr

msr LE

Meanwhile, there are some good news coming from Anbar.
    Al-Qaeda is apparently being chased down and confronted by Iraqis in Anbar
    and Samarra according to a report from al-Sabah.
    Mohammed al-Ubaidi is a citizen of Anbar who took part in a battle against al-Qaeda fighters said that people were enraged by the attacks that kill civilians in Anbar and other provinces and therefore have decided to form squads from the residents to rid Anbar from the foreign terrorists.
    The reports mentions that several tribes’ sheikhs had a meeting in the home of a sheikh of the Dulaim tribe where they pledged to fight al-Qaeda and throw them out of the province. There are also news that some 120 al-Qaeda members have already fled outside Iraq after a series of battles between their cells and the residents of Ramadi and other towns and suburbs of Anbar.
    According to the same report, similar measures are being taken by the residents in Samarra and have succeeded in forcing foreign terrorists out of their city.
  5. Frenchie,

I think I've seen that voice-over on another clip that was on www.terroristmedia.com a while back. Its all seemed a bit too BBC and edited to make nice for western muslims unlike the other clips where they murder their own countrymen. I have seen a few of the more 'propaganda' like allied and insurgent clips. You can't beat the vids put together by the US Army though for sheer cheese factor they really do make you want to puke!
  6. B G_L I have too agree it didn't seem to sing true but you've got to take all evidence to get the larger picture.
  7. I wouldn't necessarily start feeling happy just yet. To date the locals have tolerated the jihadis as they provide money and ammunition (ie suicide bombers) to the cause. I don't think they've ever agreed with them in terms of long term strategy and goals. The fact that the locals now seem to be wiping out the jihadis may simply mean that they don't think they need them any more to achieve their aims. However, anyone who thinks that their aims align with those of the US is in for a nasty shock. The Shia are now well on their way to being an islamic theocracy with much in common with Iran, the Kurds are hellbent on independence (only they'll call themselves something else so the US keeps on writing cheques) and the Sunni ? Well, who cares, let the US keep them down for the rest of us.