split from

#1
DadTo4Witches said:
Accompanying the missus shopping at the weekend, i was pleasantly surprised to be given 10% forces discount in a good clothes shop in Aldershot. It got me thinking, why do the unemployed and students get discounts and bonuses from cinemas to fast food joints all over the country and not nearly enough businesses and shops offer them to the forces??? I realise that the unemployed and students don't have tons of cash in general, but in the current climate, it would be a nice gesture to servicemen and women, better than a yellow ribbon round a tree anyway. :roll:
A good clothes shop .... in Aldershot?

you're shitting me right?.... what was it, Websters or the cats protection league?
 
#4
I've often had a dream about owning a small rural pub come B&B and IF it ever came to fruition,I'd offer servicemen a discount on stays meals.....
(But I suppose that's nearly every squadied dream....Owning a pub!!



(Or a brewery!)
 
#7
amazing__lobster said:
O2Thief said:
Just remembered. Entered Germany on KLM civil flight having forgot passport. Amazed they let me on the 'plane and the German security the other end were dumbstruck.
I'm surprised they were dumbstruck, I used mine as a passport in Germany countless times, without as much as a raised eyebrowe.
Actually they were not really dumbstruck, more like starstruck. They mistook me for The Hof. :roll:
 
#9
I once raped and murdered 15 prostitutes and was caught red handed whilst cutting the tits of one of them to make baccy pouches with. Hey presto, i produced my Military ID card to the copper and he let me off with a warning not to do it again.
 
#10
Flash uses the edge of his to chop up and cut his columbian marching powder
 

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
#12
smallbrownprivates said:
Free entry in to the church (old king cross version).
Avoiding arrest by gendarmes
Bugger !
Wish I'd been vaguely sober whenever I went to The Church, I might have saved some dosh.
Nah, I'd just have pissed it against the wall anyway.
 
#13
Cutaway said:
smallbrownprivates said:
Free entry in to the church (old king cross version).
Avoiding arrest by gendarmes
Bugger !
Wish I'd been vaguely sober whenever I went to The Church, I might have saved some dosh.
Nah, I'd just have pissed it against the wall anyway.
Always needed to maximise available resources on a sunday morning. money saved was always worth a couple of cans which topped up the night before.

Then again, since many people hadn't twigged to tie the placcy bag with their beer to their belts, a dragging foot walking through crowds always collected something!
 
#14
Bossdog said:
Best thing I ever used my MOD90 for was to hand back in and gain new found freedom.

Cheers for the RIR redundancy package Defence Minister...the £63k went down really well. I applied for early release and got my money 6 months early. I now have a paid off house, a nice red 06 Golf Gti,a good secure job, and earn way in excess of that which i earned as a member of your forces.

Cheers Easy.
How long did you serve? What do you do now? Can we swap lives?
 
#15
Nightrained said:
Bossdog said:
Best thing I ever used my MOD90 for was to hand back in and gain new found freedom.

Cheers for the RIR redundancy package Defence Minister...the £63k went down really well. I applied for early release and got my money 6 months early. I now have a paid off house, a nice red 06 Golf Gti,a good secure job, and earn way in excess of that which i earned as a member of your forces.

Cheers Easy.
How long did you serve? What do you do now? Can we swap lives?
No chance.
 
#16
Bossdog said:
Nightrained said:
Bossdog said:
Best thing I ever used my MOD90 for was to hand back in and gain new found freedom.

Cheers for the RIR redundancy package Defence Minister...the £63k went down really well. I applied for early release and got my money 6 months early. I now have a paid off house, a nice red 06 Golf Gti,a good secure job, and earn way in excess of that which i earned as a member of your forces.

Cheers Easy.
How long did you serve? What do you do now? Can we swap lives?
No chance.
FPMSL :D
 

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
#17
The_Cheat said:
sparkysapper said:
Easy pass through US Immigrations, US Customs, Free entry into Seaworld Florida, free Entry into Busch gardens tampa, most stores in the US give some sort of discount to the Military, the old saying, if you don't ask you won't get. Saves a few dollars here and there.

sparky
How does that work?

I lost my passport when my house got burgled a while back and had to get a replacement. Now to check its really me I have to go through the 'special' channel for extra screening and a finger up the hoop...

T C
Admit it, when you heard about the treatment at this 'special' channel you burned your passport didn't you ?
 
#18
:oops:

Ok the game is up! But after all this 9-11 stuff it's a bit less fun!

I have to say though, that the guy with the gloves is very gentle...


T C
 
#19
The_Cheat said:
sparkysapper said:
Easy pass through US Immigrations, US Customs, Free entry into Seaworld Florida, free Entry into Busch gardens tampa, most stores in the US give some sort of discount to the Military, the old saying, if you don't ask you won't get. Saves a few dollars here and there.

sparky
How does that work?

I lost my passport when my house got burgled a while back and had to get a replacement. Now to check its really me I have to go through the 'special' channel for extra screening and a finger up the hoop...

T C
bet you look forward to the hoop treatment!! 8O
 

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
#20
The_Cheat said:
:oops:

Ok the game is up! But after all this 9-11 stuff it's a bit less fun!

I have to say though, that the guy with the gloves is very gentle...
Stick a teatowel on your swede & you'll get the 'very special' room, where they use a bridle gauntlet.

 

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top