split from

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by PartTimePongo, Oct 2, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It seemes Earhart was a better poet than a navigator.....

2. Don't be cheeky about my heroine! So we're not as good navigators...we're still better drivers... ;)

keep the poems coming chaps, I'm enjoying this thread

3. Flyingrockdj

Flyingrockdj War Hero Moderator

I tried to put down wilfred owen but the site changed it to mars bar?

4. That is such a good poem SB

I say that one quietly to myself at Tyne Cot  :'(

5. Yeah - quite moving........

6. I like that one Eagle - quite poignant.

7. Oh, Man at CIS....... Tennyson is amazing...gives me goose bumps when I read it (and many of the others here).

Although I shudder to think of 'Lord' Archer now living in Rupert Brooke's old home in Grantchester - ugh.

8. 1916 - Written by Lemmy and performed by Motorhead (but not in their usual style!) believe it or not :eek: - download it and listen if you like! ;) Kills me when I hear it :'(

9. You're joking!

Well, I think the lyrics are good. I'd like to have a listen to the tune though.

10. Part-time pongo-  What are you implying?  That the dear old defenders of Ulster/Ireland (delete as appropriate) are nothing but racketeering, drug-dealing gangsters?  Surely not?!  Has anyone told President Blair this news?  quick someone call downing street immediately!!

11. Ohhhhhhh.....The German Officers crossed the line etc..

12. Thank you! I shall copy and paste..

13. Bad CO,

that baskets of blood poem is one of my favourites!  Ol' Rudyard sure did churn out some good 'uns.

Rif-raf, being pissed doesn't make you a bad man.  what's the one about the yellow bird on the window sill.....  can anyone remeber that one?  I seem to remember that it doesn't end well for the yellow bird.

14. My personal favourite...

Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom,
    Booom, Boom, Boom, Boom,
    Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom,
    Boom, Boom, Boom...Boom

Baldrick

15. Which humourless tw*t deleted my Heinz Beanz poem? That was a classic. The way some of you thread Nazis carry on sometimes. It was squaddie humour, what was wrong with it? It had as much right here as any other verse.