• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

split from RN recuit ad

Ooh, thats bad. Bad acting, bad US style film trailer dialog, in short, 6.5 MB of poo.

Just what the turd burglars would love, i'd expect.

TB

A

armadillo

OH my that is the worst acting since eldorado,

Music wrong
editing poor
grading poor
white balance poor
plot poor
casting poor
script poor
tempo missing

Eldorado sponsored by the royal navy

Oh my dear god...did I hear "The Royal Navy, keeping it real" at the end there?!

I'm sure they must be as mortified at this as we are! (I hope so anyway!)

Edited to say: I just checked Rum Ration and...they are!

Damn...it almost makes me wish I had taken Physics O Level and had perfect sight!

Ironically the lack of these attributes enabled me to have a pretty successful time as a gunner, including as a forward observer and latterly as a signals officer...often in muddy fields or difficult conditions, as opposed to sitting in a comfy chair in some warfare suite!

Oh dear, oh dear.

Why the American voice-over?

Why the plastic acting?

And worst of all... "The Royal Navy, keeping it real."

Because the rest of us don't 'keep it real'? Basrah and Helmand not real enough for you?

A

armadillo

sprjim said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think the RN are allowed to explode Air Dropped weapons that arent within a naval base?
If it is on the shoreline they have to deal, if it is on land we have to deal.

Chester EOD got called out on a friday afternoon to go to a beach somewhere and deal with a UXO when they arrived there was a coastguard official stood there looking rather unhappy. He explained that RN EOD had turned up and wanting to knock off early dragged it up the beach so it was the armys remit. The poor officer had to wait around till the army turned up. Anyhow the RN still had to deal with as the lads pushed back into the surf and called them back out again. Keeping it real,

LOL

Armadillo

Amazing quotes:

"When the pressure's on, the training kicks in."

"Those who save one life, save them all."
[I thought the RN made you learn math?]

"As the worst storm this century [ominous silence] puts them danger. A fight to save lives ashore, becomes a battle to save a ship."
[footage of ship in calm seas - wtf? Talk about taking away all this horrible tension]

Random blonde bint: "I want everybody to take cover!"
[random munitions detonation]

"Today, may have been an exercise. But tomorrow it could be real."
[not fcuking likely, mate]

"The Royal Navy. Keeping it Real."
[you were right, he says that.]

armadillo said:
sprjim said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think the RN are allowed to explode Air Dropped weapons that arent within a naval base?
If it is on the shoreline they have to deal, if it is on land we have to deal.

Chester EOD got called out on a friday afternoon to go to a beach somewhere and deal with a UXO when they arrived there was a coastguard official stood there looking rather unhappy. He explained that RN EOD had turned up and wanting to knock off early dragged it up the beach so it was the armys remit. The poor officer had to wait around till the army turned up. Anyhow the RN still had to deal with as the lads pushed back into the surf and called them back out again. Keeping it real,

LOL

Armadillo
Good drills. That'll teach the basterwards.

Latest Threads