split from RN recuit ad

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Callidus, Oct 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is a typical yank type of ad..... [/Cringe]

I would do that bird on the beach tho! :twisted:

2. Ooh, thats bad. Bad acting, bad US style film trailer dialog, in short, 6.5 MB of poo.

Just what the turd burglars would love, i'd expect.

TB

3. Like the Bloke doing the voice over. Makes the navy sound about as good as Snakes on a Plane!

4. I'm sold. Where do I sign? I want to 'keep it real' too!

5. OH my that is the worst acting since eldorado,

Music wrong
    editing poor
    grading poor
    white balance poor
    plot poor
    casting poor
    script poor
    tempo missing

Eldorado sponsored by the royal navy

6. Oh my dear god...did I hear "The Royal Navy, keeping it real" at the end there?!

I'm sure they must be as mortified at this as we are! (I hope so anyway!)

Edited to say: I just checked Rum Ration and...they are!

7. That absolutely sucked. I'm going to send it to my brother (Lt Cmdr, RN) and let him wet himself with laughter at it.

8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Couldn't even watch it to the end.. what a load of complete tosh.

9. Damn...it almost makes me wish I had taken Physics O Level and had perfect sight!

Ironically the lack of these attributes enabled me to have a pretty successful time as a gunner, including as a forward observer and latterly as a signals officer...often in muddy fields or difficult conditions, as opposed to sitting in a comfy chair in some warfare suite!

10. Quite possible to be captain of a ship and a Commander or Lt-Cmdr, most of the smaller ships have those ranks as the captain.

11. Generally speaking only larger ships (eg aircraft carriers, LPDs) have 4-ring captains. Type 22 frigates do too.

12. Oh dear, oh dear.

Why the American voice-over?

Why the plastic acting?

And worst of all... "The Royal Navy, keeping it real."

Because the rest of us don't 'keep it real'? Basrah and Helmand not real enough for you?

13. OOOOHHHHH! It's made me go all blue and wobbly!!! I nearly followed through!

14. That is howling,

Where to I sign?

15. Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think the RN are allowed to explode Air Dropped weapons that arent within a naval base?