Split Arses and 4 Tonners

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bondi-Babe-Magnet, Apr 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Two question's.

1- Where did the term split arses originate, and why "split Arse" ?

2 - How many guys should a 4 Tonner seat (officially -without hanging off the sides). How many should a platoon really have. (i know we always seem to get 1 but in wartime how many ?)

Answers please on a post-card to bored at work on a monday.

2. Split arse? Cos they have a split at their bottom of the arse!
    4 Tonner is 22 men plus dvr and comd making 24. When I served with the Berlin Inf Bde it was 1 and 1/3 4 tonners per plt. The over spill went on the 4th 4 tonner, and each 4 tonner had a trailer. OC had FFR, and lazy arsed slipper wearing CQMS had GS. more often than not it was a plt on 1 wagon as the 4th would be buggerd, along with everything else!!!

3. How ever many it is...it better not be for more than 1 hr in 24!!!

4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Had 2 full Pl's split between 3 DAFs....including 5 DOS, 24 LAW etc etc etc.

It's Ok though..we were like coiled springs, ready to deploy and fight at a moments notice. Actually, we were a cross between a gypsy caravan and the Beverly Hillbillies.

DAFs - Deliverer of Airborne Forces!

5. Sound's very familar -no room for shy boys in the back of a loaded DAF.
    "Get your boot out of my arse !"
    "Hold on a minute -that isn't a boot ?" (worried look on face)

6. Ah the DAF. Didn't like the yank fuel on Telic1, and kept stalling and refusing to restart. Hilarious

7. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Nothing a quick spray of Lynx deodorant and a bump start wouldn't cure!

8. According to the book it is 22 pax including driver and comd, 23 if there is a 3rd seat fitted in the cab. So 20 in the back (sat on the seats - no seats, no passengers, gentlemen, not the sides; and definitely not stood up urinating out of the back).

9. In Sierra Leone I personally saw 74, incuding webbing and weapon, in a 4tonner - wouldn't have believed it if i hadn't counted them off myself!

10. Ohhh, sorry, I thought this was going to be about how to get split-arses INTO 4 Tonners! 8O 8O 8O

11. isnt split arrses the term started by chubby brown?

12. AHHHHH.. the last time I had a split-arse in a 4 Tonner.............actually it was a 3 Tonner,even had a fag afterwards,despite the petrol in the fuel tank.Good job the MT Sgt didn't catch us.No it wasn't his wife,I do have some pride you know!! Well OK.

13. well nice to know you admit being gay, having a fag in the back, of all things to admit!

14. And where else did you expect me to have the fag??