Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spitting Image to Return.

The closest thing to a smirk I got was when the popes hat lit up...

Not sure who the bint with the coloured hair was supposed to be, but I don't think the current woke generation will like it unless there is a lot of wearing at the patriarchy. I suspect it will be used as a barometer to work out who is currently out of favour with the left, hence Kim K and Kanye showing up.

The closest thing to a smirk I got was when the popes hat lit up...

Not sure who the bint with the coloured hair was supposed to be, but I don't think the current woke generation will like it unless there is a lot of wearing at the patriarchy. I suspect it will be used as a barometer to work out who is currently out of favour with the left, hence Kim K and Kanye showing up.

Kanye supports Trump so he must figure in the Leftwaffe's daily hate

Kanye supports Trump so he must figure in the Leftwaffe's daily hate
Talking of "Daily Hate", I watched the John Hurt version of 1984 yesterday. You could almost see some of those scenes being played out in Universities, Colleges and safe spaces in the US and UK.

It begs the question, did Orwell predict the future, or did the future learn from Orwell?

Tyk

LE
Talking of "Daily Hate", I watched the John Hurt version of 1984 yesterday. You could almost see some of those scenes being played out in Universities, Colleges and safe spaces in the US and UK.

It begs the question, did Orwell predict the future, or did the future learn from Orwell?

I'm inclined to think it's a bit of both. Orwell could see the possibility of where the world could go and wrote a warning, however there's a percentage of people that saw it as an instruction manual on how to get their deepest desire, namely unlimited power, and don't care that being in charge of miserable people is a bad thing. Being in charge is what matters to them and bugger the proles.

That Spitting Image trailer is pretty dire, not a patch on the old one that would take a real pop at anyone, yes it was lefty, but the woke bollocks wasn't there and I can't see the new one playing out at all well.

It was vicious, but pretty clever.

Last edited:
I'm inclined to think it's a bit of both. Orwell could see the possibility of where the world could go and wrote a warning, however there's a percentage of people that saw it as an instruction manual on how to get their deepest desire, namely unlimited power, and don't care that being in charge of miserable people is a bad thing. Being in charge is what matters to them and bugger the proles.

That Spitting Image trailer is pretty dire, not a patch on the old one that would take a real pop at anyone, yes it was lefty, but the woke bollocks wasn't there and I can't see the new one playing out at all well.

It was vicious, but pretty clever.
Agree the old spitting image was a bit more cutting, and while it could be said to have been left leaning I could be generous and say that it just took the piss out of the government of the day. It was perhaps ironic that between 84 and 96 when it was on the telly, the government of the day was Conservative. Perhaps if it had lasted another year we might have seen more of Tony and Cherie, but then again they were still in their honeymoon phase so perhaps waiting until 2005 would have been more appropriate.

Theres a conspiracy theory to start, Spitting Image only comes on air when there is a Tory government.....!

Latest Threads