Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spitting Image to Return.

I do hope that it is as good as it was but I fear that previous posters will be proven correct.
My mate D. F. is back making the wigs after 23 years she got a 'phone call out of the blue and the modelmaking, prosthetics and make-up teams are pretty much the same bunch so at least that side is covered.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

I’m prepared to get shot down here, but the political bias wasn’t too dissimilar to now. If ‘New Labour’ had been around then, I’m willing to bet that they would’ve got a far easier ride than the existing politicians. And, the ‘I’ve Never Met a Nice South African’ song was the epitome of Liberal groupthink - “Any white person living in SA is evil, and deserves to die: All black South Africans are noble freedom fighters!”…

I suspect that a lot of the humour was unintentional, and meant as really vicious satire. Unfortunately, the British public mistook it for a piss-take and affectionate dig at the establishment.

What I can agree on, though, is that the new version will add ‘wokeness’ to its list of failings, and double down on the bias.

I’m prepared to get shot down here, but the political bias wasn’t too dissimilar to now. If ‘New Labour’ had been around then, I’m willing to bet that they would’ve got a far easier ride than the existing politicians. And, the ‘I’ve Never Met a Nice South African’ song was the epitome of Liberal groupthink - “Any white person living in SA is evil, and deserves to die: All black South Africans are noble freedom fighters!”…

I suspect that a lot of the humour was unintentional, and meant as really vicious satire. Unfortunately, the British public mistook it for a piss-take and affectionate dig at the establishment.

What I can agree on, though, is that the new version will add ‘wokeness’ to its list of failings, and double down on the bias.

I’m not sure Roy Hattersley thought he had an easy ride :)

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I’m not sure Roy Hattersley thought he had an easy ride :)
And Kinnock, Regan, let alone Khomeini and Gaddafi etc etc, still always good to get your right on credentials in early so I doubt we'll see anything but Brexit bad Boris bad and so forth.

Last edited:
When SI first came out I was more interested in other things than politics, so to me it was just famous people being made fun of.

If it came back now I suspect it would be nothing more than a left-leaning party political broadcast, although as some "woke" activists have pointed out all humour is oppression of someone or something.....

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
So, pretty much confirms the agenda.

Mind you, you never know - there might be a jolly BLM character, or an amusing trans spoof, or a "this week's Labour leader".
Is trans poof another gender I'm supposed to remember ?

Just had a few beers with my fragrant and pugnacious Glaswegian mate who is the wigmaker on the show (and for many of the previous series too) along with her husband and their enormous dog.
I have been assured, supported by a number of excerpts which I cannot share, that those on each side of the politcal divide get both barrels.
Hurrah!

I'm hoping theres a Sturgeon puppet. She needs the piss ripped out of her.

Watch this space, there nearly wasn't due to some technical problems that a certain German Chancellor (well, her latex counterpart) helped to overcome.

NSP

LE
Right, then. This thread announcing the return of SI started in 2006. It's 2020 and unless I've missed something it's still not back. Fourteen years - is this the longest rebirth in history...?

slick

LE
Right, then. This thread announcing the return of SI started in 2006. It's 2020 and unless I've missed something it's still not back. Fourteen years - is this the longest rebirth in history...?
Its due back on October 3rd on something called Britbox which I assume is an ITV subscription channel.... Linky

NSP

LE
You’ve missed something - it is back as of next week

Still fourteen years flash to bang, though.

And looks more of a damp squib...

NSP

LE
Yup, looks to be more shite than a shite thing, with a special reason to be shite....
It'll be thought of as awesome to all the woke shitehawks and others not old enough to remember the original like us old farts do.

I mean, Trump taking a stick to the ballbag alone will have the leftwaffe tumescent.

Dredd

LE
Based on the adds, I'll give it a miss and not rush to get a Britbox subscription.

Although the word miss should not be misconstrued as implying I will be missing anything - if the adverts are anything to go by.

Still hope they rip the pish out of Wee Nippy though.

Latest Threads