Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spitting Image to Return.

I don't think they could exaggerate the features on a David Lammy puppet any more than his real head.
That would be great - Lammy appears, but the puppet is just identical to how he looks.

4(T)

LE
Given how far the woke goalposts have moved, I'm betting this'll new SI will be little more than a humourless XLW diatribe.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
I'm agreeing with some of you, regarding how unfunny this is going to be.

Back in the eighties this programme was one of the shows that BFBS in Germany banned. The TV station hadn't long started and we received taped programmes from the UK. Lads were coming back from leave raving about this puppet show. The unofficial word was, that it was taking the piss out of the Royal Family and therefore deemed inappropriate for the Queens servicemen and women in BAOR.

We got it eventually and it was funnier than a funny thing. The eighties was a massively different place to what we have now and I believe that the BBC and BAME will be all over it.

I do hope I'm wrong.

I'm agreeing with some of you, regarding how unfunny this is going to be.

Back in the eighties this programme was one of the shows that BFBS in Germany banned. The TV station hadn't long started and we received taped programmes from the UK. Lads were coming back from leave raving about this puppet show. The unofficial word was, that it was taking the piss out of the Royal Family and therefore deemed inappropriate for the Queens servicemen and women in BAOR.

We got it eventually and it was funnier than a funny thing. The eighties was a massively different place to what we have now and I believe that the BBC and BAME will be all over it.

I do hope I'm wrong.
No you're quite correct, the original series was a zinger pee take and x funny ;-)

For those of you that can't be arrsed to look em up a few images from the new series.
1596632019836.png

Andy Pandy
1596631964159.png

Dominic is Cummin
1596631886232.png

Escapologist's
1596631797085.png

I don't know who these two puppets are...
1596631702584.png

I will put good money on them staying well away from doing a Diane Abbot one. Lots of piss taking of white politicians I'm sure.
I am wondering whether anyone BAME will have a puppet or whether it'll be considered beyond the pale.

I am wondering whether anyone BAME will have a puppet or whether it'll be considered beyond the pale.

Why should they be except, as long as equal amounts of piss taking is apportioned right across the colour race and religious spectrum, everyone's fair game. Its called having a sense of humour, free from all the PC bollocks that is stifling free thought!....allegedly.

aardvark64

War Hero

4(T)

LE

Latest Threads