Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spitting Image to Return.

Juvenal

War Hero
Who was it said that you'd only arrived in British politics when Spitting Image bothered to make a puppet of you?

(Has memories of the Tony Blar puppet circa 1994, dressed in prep school uniform and singing 'I'm going to be Leader! I'm going to be Leader!')

Oh God, I hope they get Hislop back to do it again!!

I am willing to bet my house on there being no satire of any Islamic or Muslim icons. Every other religion will be fair game of course

If it comes back with the original S.I team writing it.... I'll take that bet.
Mind you, whether they get to broadcast it or not is another thing.

They should probaby draw on the fact that Mohammed was a nonce, then they can get away with it in a "Brass Eye-esque" fashion.

sparkysapper said:
No one escaped the writers' biting satire and it was said that the puppets could make or break politicians' careers

This will be brilliant, all that extra P1ss taking out of the politicians and all the Naff Z rate celebs.

This relationship between the premier and her ministers was summed up in a sketch where they are all seated in a restaurant. After Mrs Thatcher proclaims "steak, I'll have the steak", the waitress asks: "And what about the vegetables?", to which Mrs Thatcher replies: "Oh, they'll have the same as me."

I remember this episode, it was quality.

Sparky

How about the take on the film 'Gremlins'; a cute little, dewy-eyed 'Maggwai' pops up and the old Chinese mystic tells the family,

'Remember, you must never allow the Maggwai to become wet!'

Absolute essence! I was in tears! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's just a pity it wasn't around when the Kelly affair was on the boil; TCH and all... and Mandy... and Campbell- the Hindujas and all those others that Messrs Bliar and Broon (Broon puppet drops jaw...picks it up and refits it).. anyway, and all those others that they'd like us to forget...

C'mon, FFS! Get Spitting Images get back on screen before they manage to spin another smoke screen!

Ord_Sgt

RIP
RIP
Result. I wonder if this lot of pollies have got a sense of humour. I can see a few spitting the dummy once it starts.

Anyone remember the dream sequence sketch when Maggie was talking to Hitler and he walked out in disgust at her being too right wing? :lol:

You thought it was all over? No, Spitting Image is coming back, love the DC (Ggggrrr) puppet:

It's going to be an endless stream of Brexit = Bad, Boris = Bad, Orange Man = Bad, Dominic Cummings = Bad, White Males = Bad unfunny lefty shite.

Politicaly correct satire?
Is such a thing possible? It certainly won't be funny.

It's going to be an endless stream of Brexit = Bad, Boris = Bad, Orange Man = Bad, Dominic Cummings = Bad, White Males = Bad unfunny lefty shite.

I fear you're right on the money there...

Not least because of the BBC's claimed impartiality.

I'm sure the show will speak for itself on that score...

Can't see the panty wetters allowing this kind of thing now.

That's not to say some or all of the above don't deserve lampooning, but the essence of political satire is that it should target the entire spectrum. The original SI did this.
I fear as well, that it won't exaggerate the features (as their puppets do) of some of the BAME personalities for fear of Racism (if they're included at all - I almost wish that Diane Abbott were still in the shadow cabinet for this reason alone*), rather than it's true intent of caricature.

*On second thoughts...no.

I fear as well, that it won't exaggerate the features (as their puppets do) of some of the BAME personalities for fear of Racism (if they're included at all - I almost wish that Diane Abbott were still in the shadow cabinet for this reason alone*), rather than it's true intent of caricature.

*On second thoughts...no.
I don't think they could exaggerate the features on a David Lammy puppet any more than his real head.

David Steel maintained that Spitting Image caused serious & lasting damage to his political career showing him as a puppet living in David Owen's shirt pocket (small fries now when compared to his inaction over Cyril Smith).

Latest Threads