Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spitting image comes back

And its RACIST!
I see the fragrant BAME community is under represented.
A typically craven act.
The delightful ms Abbot would have made a large and easy target.
However if you are male stale and pale its weapons free.
Typical behaviour.
skynews-prince-andrew-duke-of-york_5058110.jpg

And its RACIST!
A typically craven act.
Typical behaviour. View attachment 494666

Trigger is an appropriate name for you.

Keep up, Trig.

@bigeye Just heard that you will have Peter Fluck before you this w/e and that he is still somewhat unpredictably bananas.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

@bigeye Just heard that you will have Peter Fluck before you this w/e and that he is still somewhat unpredictably bananas.

Funny you should say that:

IMG_2368.jpeg

And its RACIST!
A typically craven act.
Typical behaviour. View attachment 494666

Megan Merkle features in it, and she's sort of black. What more do you want?

I am told by one of the crew that there has been Much Twattery regarding the appearance of Pippi Mongstocking's puppet (How dare you??? etc. etc.) however, the Doom Goblin herself twotted that she likes it.
We just hope that she changes her mind when the content is broadcast.

Missed it, and only read one (less than glowing) review in the Gruaniad: so how was it?

'Much of my knowledge of the UK’s social fabric comes from this sort of comedy. Bewildered and unable to make a dent in my ignorance of the UK when I arrived as a student from the Middle East, I found that irreverent comedy deconstructed the complex class and power stratas in the UK, enabling me to make sense of it all. Whether it was the excruciating class anxiety of Hyacinth Bucket in Keeping Up Appearances forever failing to be read as middle class, the racial role reversals of Goodness Gracious Me, or the profane ridiculing of Catholicism by Peter Cook and Dudley Moore, I came to understand the topography of the country and to see my own place in relief. It would not be an exaggeration to say my diet of iconoclastic classic British comedy informed my politics.

'Today, we have an odd inversion on our hands – the powerful receive a light ribbing, but the bile seems to be reserved for those on the margins. Some comedians seem to have confused the thrill of the taboo with a childish impulse to offend, and mistaken bullying for bravery. “Just because you’re offended, doesn’t mean you’re right,” is one of Ricky Gervais’s most popular quotes. This apparent elevation of lazy comedy into the so-called anti-establishment movement has given us “woke”-slayers Jonathan Pie and Titania McGrath, and Gervais’s own popular set comparing gender transition to identifying as a chimp.

'This sort of comedy is in keeping with the current trend of rounding on soft targets and pretending that they are the most influential forces in society. It feels cheap and majoritarian, and seems to have benefited from the cynical leveraging of free speech to prop up an entire complex of normalised prejudice against minorities in the press and politics.'

Strangely enough alternative,alternative comedians and venues were starting to bloom before lockdown.apparently and by invitation only. Sort of speakeasies for those who couldn't give a toss about PC woke. Obviously thought police will be on the lookout.
Long live Wheel tappers. La Lucia continua.

Latest Threads