SPITFIRE - UK TRAILER [HD]

Those pilots have been in a number of different documentaries. Should be interesting.

The first search result for a review was from the Guardian. I'll be honest. The review by Mike McCahill annoyed me. He seems to have wanted more emphasis on death and destruction. Maybe an apology?

1532039903795.png

Almost as if this is for enthusiasts only and of no relevance to Millennials.
Spitfire review – stirring salute to the plane that ruled the skies

Next up was a better (in my opinion) and more comprehensive review in the Express:
RAF 100: Spitfire film celebrates iconic fighter plane - EXCLUSIVE footage

Thank you - I had not seen that but shall make a point of watching it.

Good to see the Air Transport Auxiliary, and the lady pilots, making an appearance. My grandfather flew for them, after a tour on Wellingtons. My father has often recounted the story of how, he once sat on his father's knee as he took off and immediately landed just so that he would be able to say that he had flown in a Spitfire.

The twat that wrote that tripe really is a miserable old git isn't he?

"Only belatedly does it consider whether these motorised killing machines might be as problematic as they are emblematic".

I suspect that he's sooooooo over it.

I'm left wondering if he actually watched the film because the fact that "it might be beautiful but it was made to let our young men kill their young men" is brought up several times. Good flick, but you will need to be an aficionado to appreciate it.

The twat that wrote that tripe really is a miserable old git isn't he?

"Only belatedly does it consider whether these motorised killing machines might be as problematic as they are emblematic".

I suspect that he's sooooooo over it.
Oh yes indeed.

The Hurricane once seems a little naff - I struggle to imagine a clipped RAF officer giving a rousing American-style speech about how to survive, and the less said about the CGI the better...but I'll still watch it.

Just found another film that, I think, is still in production. Focus on the bomber crews this time.

‘Lancaster Skies’ is an upcoming feature film from a small and dedicated group of film makers working under the banner of Tin Hat Productions. The film tells the story of Flight Lieutenant Douglas Miller, a former solitary Spitfire ace and a veteran of the Battle of Britain. After the tragic death of his younger brother, Miller transfers to Bomber Command.

Those pilots have been in a number of different documentaries. Should be interesting.

The first search result for a review was from the Guardian. I'll be honest. The review by Mike McCahill annoyed me. He seems to have wanted more emphasis on death and destruction. Maybe an apology?

View attachment 342953

Almost as if this is for enthusiasts only and of no relevance to Millennials.
Spitfire review – stirring salute to the plane that ruled the skies

Next up was a better (in my opinion) and more comprehensive review in the Express:
RAF 100: Spitfire film celebrates iconic fighter plane - EXCLUSIVE footage
Just seem his picture and some of his other wibblings. I'd love to lamp him one for the above if it wasn't for the fact that the people he is talking about fought and often died for his right to wibble.

Also this one coming out in the autumn....

Looks like it might be OK, although lots of CGI...
Looks good, I've said before that their story needs telling and had hoped that it might have received the Clarkson treatment as in the other excellent documentaries he did on Arnhem, St Nazaire and the Atlantic convoys. I just hope they don't go all Hollywood but use the true accounts that were kept in the squadron diaries.

Also this one coming out in the autumn....

Looks like it might be OK, although lots of CGI...
An ex-girlfriend of mine married one of his sons who was a sheep farmer. The getaway car was a vintage Bentley, which had raced at Monte Carlo or some such. It had been owned by a relative then and was still in the family.

Latest Threads