• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Spitfire over Gatwick? Wherein Bouillabaisse tells internet fibs

A Spitfire has just flown down runway 26L at speed (a beat-up) and then did a loop at the end of the runway.

What's all that about? Nobody here knows anything about it.

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
It was an authroised flight. I was up in the tower watching, with my family. My grandad wanted his ashes scattered over his old airfield where he flew against the hun and we thought it would be nice gesture to have them dropped from a Spit, since he flew them.

Can people stop liking this? or at least know what you're liking. This is a lie, that I made up to take the piss out of the OP, who was asking a bone question in the wrong place.

Ta.

It was an authroised flight. I was up in the tower watching, with my family. My grandad wanted his ashes scattered over his old airfield where he flew against the hun and we thought it would be nice gesture to have them dropped from a Spit, since he flew them.
If you are not taking the p**s, that is a pretty awesome way of spreading someone ashes, and well done the the Gatwick authorities for letting it happen :)

Sorry for assuming it was unauthorized, and that was wonderful and unique way to fulfill his wish. My sympathies to you & your family for your loss.

Might have been the spitfire from Duxford. There was one doing some low passes over Bourne Airfield this morning near where I work...perhaps a warm up for the drop at Gatwick.

Now that would be worth popping your clogs for. Well done to you and your family for arranging it, and HUGE thanks to your grandad for his service.

Might have been the spitfire from Duxford. There was one doing some low passes over Bourne Airfield this morning near where I work...perhaps a warm up for the drop at Gatwick.
More likely Biggin Hill. There's 25 or so of them flying in this country these days.

I thoughts clouds of ash were considered to be A Bad Thing in the aviation world...

Condolences for your loss.

What an amazing tribute to a member of your family.

That would have took careful planning and organising. Respect to your grandfather.

Latest Threads