Spitfire over Gatwick? Wherein Bouillabaisse tells internet fibs

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mothman, Sep 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A Spitfire has just flown down runway 26L at speed (a beat-up) and then did a loop at the end of the runway.

What's all that about? Nobody here knows anything about it.

2. That'll be a major interview without coffee from the CAA. Id love to see the video of it, if there will be one

3. Probably just some Fokker fokking about.

4. Why?

5. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

It was an authroised flight. I was up in the tower watching, with my family. My grandad wanted his ashes scattered over his old airfield where he flew against the hun and we thought it would be nice gesture to have them dropped from a Spit, since he flew them.

Can people stop liking this? or at least know what you're liking. This is a lie, that I made up to take the piss out of the OP, who was asking a bone question in the wrong place.

Ta.

• Like Like x 32
  6. Condolences on the loss of your grandad, what a cracking send off, :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. That's way cool.

BZ

• Like Like x 1
  8. If you are not taking the p**s, that is a pretty awesome way of spreading someone ashes, and well done the the Gatwick authorities for letting it happen :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Condolences and apologies are in order for the crack about Focke. I even spelt it wrong.

10. Sorry for assuming it was unauthorized, and that was wonderful and unique way to fulfill his wish. My sympathies to you & your family for your loss.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Agreed! stonking good wheeze, getting the old gallant spread across the airfield.

12. My respects and condolences on your loss. But my, oh my, what cracking send off, hats off to him.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Might have been the spitfire from Duxford. There was one doing some low passes over Bourne Airfield this morning near where I work...perhaps a warm up for the drop at Gatwick.

14. Wish I saw that, only live a stones throw from gatwick. Sorry for the loss, good send off. Hat doffed.