Builds Spitfire Mk.IXc in 1/32nd scale

I'm sure some work with a bit of aftermarket brass would have helped the situation.
Looking for a cross between a "Tiger" and a "Panther"........ and say hello to Ferdinand!

Chef

LE
Looking for a cross between a "Tiger" and a "Panther"........ and say hello to Ferdinand!
I wonder why the Germans never got as far as a 'Cougar', they did have the Puma. A lovely looking vehicle.

Chef

LE
German for Cougar........... Puma.
I'd always thought Cougar was an American term for Mountain Lion and may have been why it wasn't used by the Germans.

But now I find that all three names are interchangeable. Every day's a school day. Thank you

Regrettably I tend to get better informed but none the wiser.:(

PFGEN

GCM
In a fit of gin-fuelled madness I've decided to have a go at painting on the roundels rather than using the decals supplied. What could possibly go wrong. The first templates are ready.

IMG_6726.jpeg

I'd always thought Cougar was an American term for Mountain Lion and may have been why it wasn't used by the Germans.

But now I find that all three names are interchangeable. Every day's a school day. Thank you

Lateral info... not vertical... but the day I stop learning is the day I am laid out in a coffin.

It's the day when you say to yourself "I did not know that" You have to worry yourself about.

Chef

LE
It's the day when you say to yourself "I did not know that" You have to worry yourself about.
Only if you add

'... and I don't care'. I'd suggest.

In a fit of gin-fuelled madness I've decided to have a go at painting on the roundels rather than using the decals supplied. What could possibly go wrong. The first templates are ready.

View attachment 571938
mmm, on the subject of close tolerance in the engine bay once all that pe goes on the sides of the engine itself, is there any way of testing the covers will go on, well in advance of some gnashing of teeth.

PFGEN

GCM
mmm, on the subject of close tolerance in the engine bay once all that pe goes on the sides of the engine itself, is there any way of testing the covers will go on, well in advance of some gnashing of teeth.
Its going to be a tough one but I'll give it a go once I have the engine in the frame. Issue now is the bits and bobs I want to add. The Eduard PE is only partly useable. I don't know what photos they used when they came up with it. Saw a really nice engine build but my chances of getting close to the quality will take a long time.

Currently working out shades of red on the roundels. Not a lot of choice in reds, 40 shades of green but only 2 reds. Same when it comes to yellows. Time for some pixel analysis which I guess is getting close to rivet counting.

Post Office Red for roundels. The other is Signal Red, which is brighter.

Daz

LE

View attachment 571938
Erhhhh, Is it my eyes, or are the cutouts not....well, round

This is a bit closer to round :)
IMG_20200512_173736.jpg

Quite looking forward to seeing this with its paint on. The interior is cracking!

Daz

LE

Latest Threads