Spinning the bullets

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by armchair_jihad, Aug 31, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right you lot stop whining and start earning!

t seems incredible, but on a day when at least 52 people were killed in bomb and gun attacks in Iraq after three years of chaos and insurgency, the US has concluded that its problem in the country is one of bad publicity.

The American military is offering $20m over two years for anyone who can monitor the US, international and Middle Eastern media and ensure that a more positive message gets out.

Article in full -

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/news/archives/2006/08/31/spinning_the_bullets.html

Spin like you mean it!

2. Awfully nice chaps, those Americans!

3. Isn't George W Bush doing a great job!

4. Sticky, what will you spend all this money on? :D

5. USA - the cutting edge of the sword of freedom. Hoooah!

How am I doing? Am I rich yet?

6. Gerls! Drink! Arrse!

7. Oh, and a Spitfire...

8. Is the phrase, "ensure that a more positive message gets out" the modern definition of brainwashing by state propaganda? Washington is becoming to sound even more facist than Nuremburg circa 1930s!!!

9. Much too little, much too late!
    The first thing that the Septics have to do is admit to themselves that they made a total cöckup of the whole thing from the start, and then, along with all the others, pull out all the troops.
    I read somewhere today that almost the entire Iraqi population wants them out.

MsG

10. Don't be a dumb bsatard, just focus on the MONEY!

11. two million dollars to teach americans not to shoot kids.
    that would immprove the news quite reasonably, then just rpevent any american ever from putting a video on youtube.

Easy Money!