Spine Race 2020

wheel

LE
For reference, JK is at ~199 miles at 57:36, Jasmin was at ~199 at 56:02.

If you do get a chance to watch the The Barkley Marathons: The Race That Eats Its Young, it is well worth a watch. If I have done this right then it should take you to JK finishing the Barkley (go to approx 10'38" if not).

Good stats but JK will need to take a break before he takes on the Cheviots

For reference, JK is at ~199 miles at 57:36, Jasmin was at ~199 at 56:02.

If you do get a chance to watch the The Barkley Marathons: The Race That Eats Its Young, it is well worth a watch. If I have done this right then it should take you to JK finishing the Barkley (go to approx 10'38" if not).

That's a lot closer than I thought. If you click on the round circles at the CPs it tells you the record time which for Greenhead says Tuesday 19.37.
I'd have thought that by this stage Jasmin would have held the record at this point?

SR 6.JPG

Sir Arthur

War Hero
That's a lot closer than I thought. If you click on the round circles at the CPs it tells you the record time which for Greenhead says Tuesday 19.37.
I'd have thought that by this stage Jasmin would have held the record at this point?

View attachment 443848
So that will be a good indicator as to what time JK is up for then. Assuming that is Jasmin's time then she reached that checkpoint at 59:37, it will be interesting to see what he reaches it at.

So that will be a good indicator as to what time JK is up for then. Assuming that is Jasmin's time then she reached that checkpoint at 59:37, it will be interesting to see what he reaches it at.
I'd be more inclined to trust your stats but I cannot think of anybody who has come through this far in the winter race unless they are including the summer times as well.

PFGEN

GCM
I've been trying to keep up with this throughout the day and I'm in awe of the speed these two guys at the front are going at. I'll say one thing about our non-navigating Spanish rissole Eugene in that he does keep up with the leaders.

I've been trying to keep up with this throughout the day and I'm in awe of the speed these two guys at the front are going at. I'll say one thing about our non-navigating Spanish rissole Eugene in that he does keep up with the leaders.
Last years was just an astonishing physical achievement and story. This year any of the top 4 or 5 could win it depending on how they are coping and the mistakes lack of rest can cause.

PFGEN

GCM
Last years was just an astonishing physical achievement and story. This year any of the top 4 or 5 could win it depending on how they are coping and the mistakes lack of rest can cause.
Weather looks a bit rougher this year. Just watched Episode 4; some of them are taking a battering.

Thread drift ...

If I may continue the light relief .... hopefully not to the permanent detriment of the thread ,,,, Geordie's Girl also wanted to go to the South Pole ...

Geordie slightly ignored the " no alcohol " rule .

... Back on thread

Last edited:

Latest Threads