Spine Race 2020

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Looks like 264 went over PYG the diversion has been in place for some hours now, must have been lost in translation

High on the hill
I would say very poor on The Spine Team organizers in not having someone posted there, given the wind.

craven50

Old-Salt
Re the detour just before Cowling: it wasn’t announced pre-race but was signposted ‘on the ground’.
That cleared that up! Probably that detour will eventually be permanent in the future. If and when NYCC get round to it.

Cannot quite understand this? What are we saying some third parties or competitors removed the sign?

I thought that the Spine Safety team posted a couple of people at the turn off, alternatively runners are briefed on leaving Malhan Tarn CP 1.5

Like I said maybe lost in translation

HotH

craven50

Old-Salt
Apparently in the past the landowner has complained about his grass / grazing getting churned up by the many footprints

HotH
I think I am at cross purposes. :D I thought you was on about Penyghent deviation! I assume you meant Cowling? That has been ongoing for years and in that area dogs have been poisoned on footpaths around there.

craven50

Old-Salt
:D 264 seems to be having a field day! Nowt to it going over Penyghent;) Translation problem probably. Hope he finishes.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
I thought that the Spine Safety team posted a couple of people at the turn off, alternatively runners are briefed on leaving Malhan Tarn CP 1.5

Like I said maybe lost in translation

HotH
I think it really is piss poor that they clearly have no safety bod posted tbh. Our poor Jap friend should get at least 40 mins credited due to extra miles. BUT safety is safety, and the organizers failed in this imho

craven50

Old-Salt
I think it really is piss poor that they clearly have no safety bod posted tbh. Our poor Jap friend should get at least 40 mins credited due to extra miles. BUT safety is safety, and the organizers failed in this imho
It happens unfortunately. At least he is basically safe now. It's only unsafe for a small distance over Peny. Some jobsworth might well want to give him a penalty.;)

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
It happens unfortunately. At least he is basically safe now. It's only unsafe for a small distance over Peny. Some jobsworth might well want to give him a penalty.;)
Disagree mate, seriously do; no such thing as 'only unsafe for a small distance'. You've clearly been up and over it, so have I, however, given the wind tonight, I'd have opted not to climb and the organizers need to get a grip.....safety always comes first.

craven50

Old-Salt
Disagree mate, seriously do; no such thing as 'only unsafe for a small distance'. You've clearly been up and over it, so have I, however, given the wind tonight, I'd have opted not to climb and the organizers need to get a grip.....safety always comes first.
Should have put a smiley in there. :D Up and over? 100+ The wife 300+ We live within 15 miles.:D

Arkanstigger

War Hero
Looks like John & Eoin have grabbed a couple of hours kip, Eugenie less so to keep with them. Eoin now in the lead, with John 2nd.

Arkanstigger

War Hero
Obviously a bit of a black spot near Middleton. Looking at this it appears John Kelly 181 is falling behind:
20200114_072405.png

However there was almost a 1hr gap between his and Eoins (180) pings.
Next update:
20200114_072329.png

Completely different situation.

Attachments

At around this time yesterday JK had a 5 mile lead. He blew a lot of it sight seeing in Horton but has he also banked more kip than the other front runners as part of his master plan or is he paying the price of going off too hard? Be interesting to see how he compares The Spine with other races he's done.

PS. Is anyone else losing audio during the official daily updates on The Spine website?

wheel

LE
Bloody Hell Episode three gives a good indication of the horrendous conditions last night. I hope everyone stays safe.

Latest Threads