Spine Race 2020

Spine Race 2020, - Spine Race and Challenger both have waiting list now, both sold out

Look like 2020 could be a good year

My entry is paid up for the Challenger

High on the Hill

Spine Race 2020, - Spine Race and Challenger both have waiting list now, both sold out

High on the Hill
You going to put some effort in for once? ;-)

Race roster are being prepared - an interim has been issued to the closed Spine facebook group

153 names for the Spine

125 for the Challenger

30 for the MRT Challenger

I know that the waiting list for the Spine is over 30 names at the moment

Looks like 2020 is going to be a busy event

High on the hill

High on the Hill
Thanks for the info ... suitably noted in the diary and bonne chance .

wheel

LE
Only eight weeks to go.Thought about the race this morning Southern Pennines had a dusting of snow overnight. Lots of rain lower down all becks streams and rivers in spate right now. There was a training weekend at beginning of October held at Tan Hill.
Sadly I will only be able to follow the Start on Saturday and then Sunday as no spare holidays this year. So blob watching for the rest of it.
Can anyone with Faceache post rostas as they are not on main site yet.
@CivvyLurker @jellyvodka @Sir Arthur @schweik @Border_Reiver @High on the hill

Only eight weeks to go.Thought about the race this morning Southern Pennines had a dusting of snow overnight. Lots of rain lower down all becks streams and rivers in spate right now. There was a training weekend at beginning of October held at Tan Hill.
Sadly I will only be able to follow the Start on Saturday and then Sunday as no spare holidays this year. So blob watching for the rest of it.
Can anyone with Faceache post rostas as they are not on main site yet.
@CivvyLurker @jellyvodka @Sir Arthur @schweik @Border_Reiver @High on the hill
As I was watching the rain batter Sheffield the other day I treated myself to a pint mug of tea and a full pack of crumpets and pondered next years Spine Race. I doubt anything thing will top what we saw this year and the boost it gave the race in media terms.

I've not seen any rosters posted as yet on the FB page but if they pop up I'll post them ASAP.

I've just suffered a bloody disaster. My sister in law has recently moved to within a mile or so of the finish line, and I had been planning on going up to Snake Pass on the Sunday morning to watch the leaders coming through, and then driving up to Kirk Yetholm to stay with the SiL so I could watch the leading racers coming in at the end. Would have been lovely.

However, I have just checked the work diary and I am fully booked with unavoidable work all that week, so I have no chance of getting to Kirk Yetholm. I can't begin to explain how gutted I am.

I will get up to Snake Pass on the Sunday, but that's my lot for this year it seems. Gutted.

Snail popped in and out of the various Spine threads over the years and I know from talking to her a fair while back her brother was interested is doing it but working on life boats made it difficult. Anybody up for doing some random sponsoring of the various competitors per mile they do and either giving the money to the RNLI or splitting it 50/50 with the RNLI and the competitors chosen charity if they have one?

Snail popped in and out of the various Spine threads over the years and I know from talking to her a fair while back her brother was interested is doing it but working on life boats made it difficult. Anybody up for doing some random sponsoring of the various competitors per mile they do and either giving the money to the RNLI or splitting it 50/50 with the RNLI and the competitors chosen charity if they have one?
Excellent idea but please count me out of this one . I have already made a donation to the RNLI as a consequence of @naffnickname 's Post #1 on the " Sluggy beat us all thread " using his linky .... https://www.justgiving.com/David-Barker43 .

Last edited:

wheel

LE
MRT always get a donation from me over Spine week. They do a great job helping to make it as safe as possible

Sir Arthur

War Hero
I'm a bit late, but I'm here you will be pleased to know! :) It reminds me to reopen talks with Montane and OpenTracking to make sure all the necessary data for the spreadsheet is there. Ideally I would like them to do it all as it would be much better and easier as they have all the data, and make it much more enjoyable for dot watchers.

Good to see you all !

wheel

LE
Thanks @High on the hill

Interesting to see Sabrina Verjee on the list. I wonder if she’s going to have a crack at Jasmin Paris’s record
Eoin Keith is in there, quick scan and I did not notice any of the regulars except Kevin Otto. There is a Carolyn Binns wonder if she is any relation to Leslie who completed summer & winter spine last year .

windswept398

Old-Salt
Just heard of this. Definitely going to watch it then maybe take part in it next time.

Be careful its very addictive :)
To the point of sleep deprivation once the competitors leave Byrness on the final leg .

There's a few keen Fell Runners, Hikers and Outdoors Sadists in my Dept so I suspect the whole floorplates productivity might.... Erm.... Take a hiatus while the race is on

Latest Threads