Spine Race 2019

I will be there around half eight, I will have the kettle on. If you are a tea drinker bring some bags as I am a coffee man.
You are a gentleman. If I don’t have a flask with me I will take you up on your kind offer and bring teabags. Hope to see you Sunday

It's now officially my birthday and one of the great joys of having a birthday in the middle of January is the shear misery of it. Everybody is either skint or on detox, not retox and the weather is usually shite.
I shall be eating crumpets and drinking tea in my shed on the allotment and staring blankly at a coal fire, paraffin heater and live tracking on my phone.

Just watching the live feed at the start, High on the hill as just booked in and getting his tracker fitted. Can't quite get over the size of the rucksacks, some seem to have half of their wardrobe on their back and others seem to have virtually nothing.

Last edited:
Just watching the live feed at the start, High on the hill as just booked in and getting his tracker fitted. Can't quite get over the size of the rucksacks, some seem to have half of their wardrobe on their back and others seem to have virtually nothing.
Are you watching the Live feed from this link? Live Tracking or do you have another? Thanks.

My mate Sharon Sullivan who completed the Spine Race last year is doing the Challenger this year.

Even better my lovely mate Lisa Wright, pocket rocket and Guinness Record Holder (fastest marathon as a playing card!), who did the Challenger last year, is upping her game and is on the startline for the big one! Go Lisa go!

All the best to you @High on the hill
@fairmaidofperth Sharon is in this video https://en-gb.facebook.com/TheSpineRace/videos/281757472487516/ at about 1'40". Can I have a little mini rant about why oh why oh why (and this happens so many times on YT) that a video is spoilt (spoilt is probably a bit too strong in this case) that they put background music on when the story stands on its own, and make it too loud. Perhaps there is something wrong with my hearing that I struggle to separate the two but it seems a little loud to me. Rant over. I'll get back to the dots. Thanks for listening, same time next week? :)

But - I do love that Spine Music and will now change the rintone on my phone to it ! :)

Hopefully Eoin Keith has only a faulty " Tracker " .... I see at 09.20 his location is still Edale .

Eoin is in the main race starting tommorow.
Message to self .... " Switch brain on before going onto the Internet " ... I blame all this talk about Brexit causing me total mental confusion .

The only reason I new was cos I spent the last 40 mins also trying to figure out what was happening !
I was doing something similar and saw a number of new " Blobs " shoot out from Edale ... ... then I watched a video clip ... then decided to Check on Eoin Keith ..... and then .... well we all know .

Are you watching the Live feed from this link? Live Tracking or do you have another? Thanks.
I was watching from the link, once they had started it switched off. I am assuming they will do the same tomorrow, it showed the runners in the village hall booking in and getting trackers fitted then it moved to the start.

Jim Mann is setting a heck of a pace in the Challenger. If I have done my sums right, last year the record time set by Wouter Huitzing (currently 2nd) was 25:42:21., which was 4.2 MPH, overall. Jim is currently moving at 6.26 MPH after 47.22 miles. That said, Wouter is at 44.07 miles and is moving at 5.58 MPH at the moment. This could get interesting.

They sure are moving. They should be through my area tonight (Thornton in Craven). The weather is bloody atrocious worse than last year and that was windy, wet and wonderful when Mann passed through!

Last edited:
Hello all, just down off them hills. Sleet rain mist and gusting wind making it interesting. as Sir Arthur says Jim Man is setting a cracking pace came through Snake pass in 91 minutes. I have managed to miss High on a Hill dont know how but I have had a chat to a old poster Moving Target , he is plodding on steady. All the ladies are moving well but a mention must go to 333 Jody Donaldson tiny little lady but massive personality. Any way going to get a brew on and dry out , glad I am not running all night. Oh did I mention pub and real fire ;) I will post photos later