Spine Race 2019

Well another cracking race and performance . Congratulations to Sabrina for she has shown all other competitors literally and not so literally a clean pair of heels .

I hope she found my pipe .

For the first time I am actually able to see “ Blobs “ moving on the “ Opentracking Website “ this evening . I am sure it cannot just me but has this not been the worst live tracking of these Spine events for a few years …. a disappointment for the followers and the competitors deserve better .

Well another cracking race and performance . Congratulations to Sabrina for she has shown all other competitors literally and not so literally a clean pair of heels .

For the first time I am actually able to see “ Blobs “ moving on the “ Opentracking Website “ this evening . I am sure it cannot just me but has this not been the worst live tracking of these Spine events for a few years …. a disappointment for the followers and the competitors deserve better .
I could see the blobs moving a few hundred meters at a time.

Esteban just approaching Windy Gyle now Sabrina was there about 14:00 hrs so that makes him around 7 hours 30 mins behind her at that point.

Esteban just approaching Windy Gyle now Sabrina was there about 14:00 hrs so that makes him around 7 hours 30 mins behind her at that point.
On his way now down to Hexpethgate Gate where there is indeed a gate on the border between England and Scotland .

Esteban and Gregory completed overnight 201 Guy is heading up into the Cheviots now
.... approaching the fence to the East of the " Roman Signal Station " .... there is a stile in the fence near the 90 degree turn ... slightly hidden .... and gives an ideal spot to sit ... have a cup of tea ... take in the views ... etc ... not that he will have time to do any of that .

Yes, It's awful. I was using Firefox and I constantly had to reload the browser to see the dots move (I'll try other browsers in case it is FF related) whereas I hadn't before. But for me the massive blow is the "Distance Travelled" missing from the stats at each ping as they wend their way along the trail. That totally screws being able to track it in my spreadsheet. I cannot believe that sthey would leave something as fundamental as that out - unless they have ulterior motives. Paranoid? Me? Who said that?

Yes, It's awful. I was using Firefox and I constantly had to reload the browser to see the dots move (I'll try other browsers in case it is FF related) whereas I hadn't before. But for me the massive blow is the "Distance Travelled" missing from the stats at each ping as they wend their way along the trail. That totally screws being able to track it in my spreadsheet. I cannot believe that sthey would leave something as fundamental as that out - unless they have ulterior motives. Paranoid? Me? Who said that?
It seems like there is a bit more effort in the winter race. I suppose they have more people competing so have more funding for the tech side of things.

Sabrina looks like she could turn around and head off back to Edale without much thought.
As did Jasmin when she finished the winter one in January. Incredible. The other thing is how lovely all the athletes are. They come across as genuine, friendly, happy people, and their interviews are entirely natural, in contrast to what you get out of media trained professional athletes these days.

On another note, 201 Guy Bettinson has turned north off the Cheviot and is now heading down to the Mountain Refuge Hut

It seems like there is a bit more effort in the winter race. I suppose they have more people competing so have more funding for the tech side of things.
They must have this data though and I am going to write to them and ask if this was an oversight for this race in that they did not present. I shall sign it "Disgusted of Surbiton" and that should get their focus.

As did Jasmin when she finished the winter one in January. Incredible. The other thing is how lovely all the athletes are. They come across as genuine, friendly, happy people, and their interviews are entirely natural, in contrast to what you get out of media trained professional athletes these days.

On another note, 201 Guy Bettinson has turned north off the Cheviot and is now heading down to the Mountain Refuge Hut
That. I hope that some slebs such as Ben Fogle, James Cracknell, Helen Skelton don't decide to try and hijack the race to further their own careers. I like the fact that it is niche and flies below the mainstream media radar. Long may that continue.

Glad to see David Sadowski 239 (who was really nice to Wheel's dog earlier on) and Les Binns 202 still at it.

Well, Les is in Alston and has been since mid-morning so hopefully he's going to get on the move soon. His tracker says poor location fix so who knows where he really is. And David had a bit of a wobble getting onto the Wall at Carvoran but should now have 234's arse in his sights.

I think Alan Jackson 245 is a Suffolk chap so all these hills must be making him cry by now.