Spine Race 2019

I will not be competing again this year as I am lazy.

He did say that he would not be competing again when he won this year, I was in the Border Hotel a few weeks ago and the landlady said he is one of the nicest guys she has ever met, and that he looked as fresh as a daisy after a couple of beers and a pie after completing the race.
Shame.

@wheel Thanks for the reminder .... another week of following the " Orange Blobs " ... night and day ... and again I raise my hat to all those who even think of taking part in this gruelling Winter challenge .

Last edited:
I will not be competing again this year as I am lazy.
Nor me unfortunately... I will be washing my hair that day. Shame but every bloody year they pick the day I wash my hair.

Ah well, perhaps next year.

Looks like well over 100 for the main race.
Jon Knapp who finished 3rd last year is back, as are Gwynn Stokes and Mark Turner who finished 4th. Lots of new names too and some DNFs from last year, the mad fools.

But as well as Pavel, Eoin's giving it a miss, as is Eugeni although he probably doesn't have much choice without Pav to hold his hand and keep the map the right way up.

Sir Arthur

War Hero
@wheel Thanks for the timely reminder, all present and correct after a mayhemical 6 months of work crap. Good to see the regulars here! If they don't update their tracking system to show all the data I like, I'll do the same as last year and keep it in a spreadsheet so I/we can track it. I am hoping the dialogue we had with one of the people behind it may have prompted some changes when they show the leaderboard.

wheel

LE
@wheel Thanks for the timely reminder, all present and correct after a mayhemical 6 months of work crap. Good to see the regulars here! If they don't update their tracking system to show all the data I like, I'll do the same as last year and keep it in a spreadsheet so I/we can track it. I am hoping the dialogue we had with one of the people behind it may have prompted some changes when they show the leaderboard.
Good skills mate , I really enjoyed your data posts.

CivviWalker

Old-Salt
@wheel Thanks for the reminder .... another week of following the " Orange Blobs " ... night and day ... and again I raise my hat to all those who even think of taking part in this gruelling Winter challenge .
Training is the key.I have been doing my eye exercises for six hours a day in preparation for this gruelling winter challenge in a centrally heated home.;)

Plenty of new faces so it should be an interesting race.

The weather seems to be shaping up nicely for the race, unlikely to be dry under foot despite the long hot summer.

I am looking forward to having something to do when I am unable to sleep.

Best wishes to them all, I hope they all finish safely and injury free.

Training is the key.I have been doing my eye exercises for six hours a day in preparation for this gruelling winter challenge in a centrally heated home.;)

Don't forget to prep your kit too.

I have a new notepad, pencil and sharpener for split time comparisons; have checked the sofa cushions for wear and tear and made appropriate substitutions; sorted the maps; sorted the comfy kit. All that remains is a resupply of whisky, Pot Noodles and clementines (for making moveable orange blobs).

frog.jpg

.... and I shall during the race further develop my skills , in an evening , of pouring real glasses of Shiraz .... and you are correct it will be good to see new faces

I was hoping to see some of the action 'live' as the race falls in my 2 weeks off. Unfortunately it clashes with the LHCOs birthday so I'm not allowed. As a present I've booked us a nice weekend away in a cottage in the Dales that may or may not be very close to the Pennine Way....

Latest Threads