Spine Race 2018

Yes still moving through Lothersdale now, plodding on
So risen like the Phoenix ? ....as you say he needs to keep plodding on .

I wonder what the fluid intake of Mark Denby has been since the start ....it has certainly been hot .

Andrew Swanson seems to be slowing rapidly. Seen his photo and not surprised. He must be at least my age and I am well into retirement. I assume he is on this forum. Still a great achievement even to try it.

Andrew into Gargrave with just under 22 hrs left to complete within the 60hr race limit.

The most recent finisher took 15hrs 38mins to get from Gargrave to the finish.
Ah! Is he on the Spine Flare, Oh dear thought he was in for the long haul! Have made an idiot of myself after all.:D
It takes me a few days to figure out the race tracking system after no following it for months.

Just keep on plodding then and all will be well.

Andrew into Gargrave with just under 22 hrs left to complete within the 60hr race limit.

The most recent finisher took 15hrs 38mins to get from Gargrave to the finish.
Andrew now approaching Pen Y Gent best of luck to him.
Mark ( Fusion) still leading on the horrible track heading towards Garragil.
Edit to add:
Gregory Cowley in second scrambling over the rocks at Falcon Clints heading to Cauldron Snout and Tracker no mans land.
Third place Jans heading towards Middleton , a big spread for the leaders.

Last edited:
A really big spread across route for the Fusion. Back Marker 203 James Binks is at Hardraw whilst Leader Mark Denby is moving along Hadrians Wall at Cawfields. Fantasic effort by all in this heat .

Mark is moving at a good pace on Hadrians wall 5k in 50 mins (tracker lag not accounted for) but that section of the wall has multiple assent /descents that take there toll on your pace.

Have you any splits for comparison ?.
To Greenhead:

Pav 66hrs 41mins 52 secs
Mark 57hrs 19 mins 03 secs

The splits for Pav in 2016 won't be much use after the Wall because I think that was the year people were held at Bellingham or Byrness overnight due to the weather on the Cheviot.

I'll try to remember to save the leaderboard for this race in case Mark runs again in January - be a useful comparison.

Bellingham split comaprison.

Pav 74hrs 08mins 09 secs
Mark 63hrs 38mins 26 secs.

In 2016 Pav got to Byrness in 7:29 and was 24:59 from there to Hut2 but I'm pretty sure that was the year he arrived at Byrness at about 1730 and had the place to himself overnight, eating all the lasagne and using all the hot water (probably. And if he didn't, he should have).