Spies to enforce smoking ban

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Agent_Smith, Jun 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Next step... Thought police???

If they keep this up, they wont need a police force anymore. We will all end up a self regulating, homogenous and compliant population.

God i depress myself. Im off outisde to get some sun on my man boobs! :D

2. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

I refer you to the smoking in public places thread. My coments about thought police are entered.
  3. Does it sort of remind you of the old eastern block style and ways getting people to inform on others about anything, all we need to add is hidden extra taxation and a love of extra beaurocracy and we would be .......................................the penny drops.
  4. mysteron

Click this link to refer

There we are, I found it.
  5. Hummm “informers from the public”
    Sounds very much like the methods used by nazi Germany and communist Russia, how long until the secret police start dragging offenders off in the middle of the night and beating them until the see the errors of their ways
  6. Why don't they "inform" on chav scum for antisocial behaviour?

Too "dangerous" perhaps?

Cowards :evil:
  7. mysteron

Oh no you can't inform on the chav....what about their feelings???????
  8. I like the bit about not being allowed to smoke outside office blocks.

Just how do they mean to enforce that one then? 10 meter exclusion zone around the building? Sprinkler systems fitted to the gutters?

I think the next time I am in London I will have to find an office building and walk very slowly past it with a huge cigar puffing out clouds of black smoke.

Mind you here they have come up with an even nastier idea, if you want to smoke during work time you have to stamp yourself out of work and then back in again when you have finished, no pay for the time you are out of the office!!
  9. I think anyone should be allowed to take time out to smoke but agree with docking wages for the time taken. Had one arrseole who took 15 min smoke breaks outside every hour on a 8 ro 10 hr shift and the snivelling barsteward got a box 1 [superior assessment] every year meaning more money than those of us who kept our noses to the grindstone. Oh sorry and those that played golf with the boss got a box 1. On taking early retirement, my final quote to the assembled mass was "Now leaving with my head held high and not up someones arrse" The feeling of euphoria as I watched their shocked faces on departure has never really left me!
  10. Can I inform on a certain wife of a Prime Minister who publicly goes to Washington on a private visit but is stabled at taxpayers expense in the Embassy? If I take the trout to the Mess on private business I have to pay full whack.
  11. Most important: what's the pay for a NuLab Purity of Atmosphere Informer? It had better be up to scratch if they intend to enforce this.
  12. Just quit smoking everyone will be alot healthier. But if that happened the government would lose alot of tax.
  13. Hence why they are introducing 24 hour drinking.

See it as a backhander to the drinks trade for the trade they will lose with the smoking ban (and a convenient increase in taxes)

cynical, Moi??? :D