spics invade falklands islands via google earth

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by brighton hippy, Oct 4, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. having a quick look at the uks 2nd least favorite postings loads of argies seem to be renaming bits of the falklands maybe its time to tell them where to get off :twisted:
  2. Just go to Google Earth and find the Falklands.
  3. Done. Message sent to Google Earth:

Yep, I get really **** about this sort of thing.
  4. Bits, let us know if you get a reply and/or if they make the amendments. If they don't I think we should start a mass email campaign to get them to sort it out. I hope our ARRSE friendly septic cousins could be relied on to canvass support amongst their real life colleagues. As well as servicemen and women from other nations forces worldwide.
  5. I remember emailing Realplayer as they had the Falklands listed as Malvinas in their registration pages (which you had to do for the thing to work), never got a reply.
  6. Will do, abacus, if nothing heard within two weeks. Amendment roll-outs for software like this will take a very long time though, and would likely be incorporated into planned upgrades for the imagery of that part of the world.
  7. Why wait? Maybe we should start emailing now to make sure they get the point! :twisted:
  8. "Just been googling round the Falkland Islands in the South Atlantic.

It appears a lot of the place names are incorrect. Someone appears to have applied Spanish derivitive names to many of the locations.

The islands have not been a Spanish/Argentinian protectorate since the early 1800's (barring an illegal occupation for a couple of months back in the early eighties). I would therefore appreciate it if the names could be amended to the correct English names."

Message sent.
  9. Just sent

Why not pile in
  10. ...aren't quite a lot of Falklands place names Spanish anyway? Like, ahem, San Carlos? Before everyone gets their knickers in a twist.
  11. He's right you know. Multimap reveals:

Dos Lomas
    Cantera de Arena
    Mid Rancho

and Chatres (which sounds decidedly French), the bast**ds.
  12. I seem to recall Puerto Argentino actually being named Port Stanley though. What do you reckon?