Speshul needs bus caught by tide.NOT for amusement

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Hat20, Apr 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On a biff-chit and found this.......This could have had tragic consequences to the local enviroment if they had all gone down with the bus....

'Schoolbus stranded on beach by incoming tide after teacher ignores warnings.
    The driver of this school minibus and six special needs teachers were sitting safely on the beach when they got the ultimate sinking feeling.

The blundering team had ignored two 'No Vehicles Beyond This Point' signs on a school trip to the seaside when the tide suddenly turned.

The frantic driver dashed back to the van and steered onto the promenade but the wheels were wedged and the youngsters - one in a wheelchair - were forced to evacuate.'
    Causing much window licking as well no doudt.
    Web Page Name
  2. I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that the Adults made a bit of mistake here..... They probably thought the "no vehicles" signage, didn't apply to vehicles with disabled people/stickers.

3. The things we do to help them learn to swim.
  4. Ok, did they save all the balloons and icecream as well?
  5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

It's one way to wash them I 'spose.
  6. I like the way the spokesman for the school states that "...fortunately we were able to see the funny side of it" - So c'mon which member of ARRSE has drowned a minibus? - Daily Mail readers are hard pressed to see the funny side of it (no surprise there then)!
  7. I had no idea education had come so far in such a short time.
  8. First they have ramps into the pool for their wheelchairs.
    Now its mini-buses into the sea.
    Whatever next?

& who did the risk assessment on those rocks?
    Surely they are a trip hazard.

& another thing, did they slightly deflate the tyres on the wheelchair,
    to allow easy progress over the sand?
  9. Its a shame they got them out in time. It's nice to see that nature is sticking to Hitlers idea of social purging. I can see tomorrow's Daily Mail headline 'Black Jews Caught In Hurricane Tragedy'.
  10. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

I'd suggest there wasn't a lot of thinking going on at all!
  11. Perchance one of the special ones was at the wheel?
  12. The next beach trip will not end in disasterif they buy one of these
  13. This should be in the 'Using mongs as weapons of war' thread ... the cnuts have got themselves a navy now!
  14. Dont panic........... They were just practicing for thier trip to Lourdes, allegedly.
  15. Flight

Flight LE Book Reviewer

Chuck some washing and soap powder in, make the spackers useful for a change.