spending last 6 months of army service on mainland uk???

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by badgerous, Mar 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I have just signed off and I was told that it was possible to apply to spend your last 6 months on mainland UK, I am currently in Northern Ireland. Being able to do this would obviously help with getting settled back on Civvy street. if anyone knows anything of this I would appreciate your input as I cant seem to find anything on the normal sites etc.

thanks for your time.
  2. badgerous,

Northern Ireland is apparently now classed as mainland UK, JSP 752 Chapter 7 Para 0401 is the place to start though. You can find the JSP on the internet but you would be better off looking on the Intranet or the Reference portal on Armynet for the latest version.

3. JSP 760 says this....
    If what Shiney says about NI being part of the UK is correct, then this may not be of any use, but you could put forward a case for them giving you two months terminal leave instead of one.
  4. badgerous, go and see the IERO at 32 AEC who will give you the correct details. You are entitled to REQUEST your last six months from Northern Ireland, but the IERO there will square you away. I've got this for my own NCOs in the last 12 months, so it can be done.
  5. thanks for your help guys. much appreciated