Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Northern_Biff, Mar 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know its not compulsory to spell proper like but might I suggest adding this program to your computer. It will spell check all your posts before you 'hit the tit' as long as you right click on the box first (after you have installed the program).
    I know the dictionary is spam but you can add words as you go along.

Ain't communication great.

2. In fact you can change the dictionary to UK English! Oh and you forgot the most important thing - Its FREE

Spelling does not bother me that much, so long as it is understandable.
    In fact I hate the follow up posts that just pick up on bad spelling, more than the spelling itself!
  3. Cheers Mike, I have been using this for years and only just twigged! Doh!

I would never pick someone up on their spelling unless they asked for it by stating how fcuking well educated they were in a post but it does make it easier to read when a post is spelt correctly, hence my posting the link.
  4. Dam! So I can lern to proply expres miself....thanks y'all. :lol:
  5. What does spelling matter anyway read this

I Cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty
    uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The
    phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid,
    aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at
    Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer
    in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,
    the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist
    and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
    The rset can be a taotl mses and you can
    sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed
    ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod
    as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas
    tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
  6. A mighty tome indeed vandyke and i must admit I found it flowed quite well once I let me brain take over. However, just got mrs Wedge_not_sapper to read it and now I'm on vision no sound. She thinks I am once again trying to show what a thick Barnsley gooba she is! At least that means the rugby will be wench nagging free. Cheers mate - did they say it was gender specific?

7. I pstoed tihs a week ago, Vndayek.
  8. ...... and I have been spoken good England since I was a children.
  9. As a regular victim of these Tw@ts, can i suggest we embarrass them as much as posible ist not about me spellin its about wot av got t say like init?

so yous old fellas should start a club the anti posh git club or summit or nuffin. then i and all the other spelling mongs can write with relative Impunity.
  10. Sorry, I didn't understand a word you wrote, old bean. :wink:
  11. I was merely pontificating as to the hairy dog sacks who complain that ones spelling and diction are not to standard old sort.
  12. Ah, fanks mukka.