Spell Check

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by DozyBint, Jun 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ...Because we all have problems at times... :wink:

I have a spelling chequer
    It came with my pea sea
    It plainly marques four my revue
    Miss steaks eye can knot sea.
    When eye strike a quay, right a word
    I weight four it two say
    Weather eye am wrong oar write
    It shows me strait aweigh.
    As soon as a mist ache is maid
    It nose bee four two late
    And eye can put the error rite
    It's rarely, rarely grate.
    I've run this poem threw it
    I'm shore your pleased two no
    Its letter perfect in it's weigh
    My chequer tolled me sew.

2. And you say we got problums :lol:

3. No, but seriously, FFS can you lot use the spell check in word then cut and paste it into ARRSE.... It’s a good habit for the dyslexic members to get into, you know who you are, JUST DO IT.... And drop the text talk as well.

Thank you!

Beebs x

4. :lol: Nice one B_B_Cakes. Foreigners put stacks of effort into learning our language only to find it being savaged by the natives of the islands it came from.

5. If you can't be arrsed to open your spell checker, have google open in another window. Copy and paste the word that is giving you a skullfcuk. Et voila.

(Just make sure you don't have the Mexican Google as your home page).

6. That is absolutely fantastic.

Most of the time I don't have a problem with my spelling but sometimes my mind has wandered.

7. We all have our moments! and having a Spell Checker to use directly on your post is fast and easy to use.....

Oh - and its FREE by the way..........

[​IMG]

It also has a UK English Dictionary which you can set by default as well as US or Canadian English!

8. Onustlee, what's wrong with been lysdexic? We isn't all prefect???

SP Anyone hear about the dyslexic bank robber........?
    He ran into the bank and shouted, "Air in the hands mother stickers, this is a fcuk up!!!"

Kost me a fortoon to by this lysdexic beykoard!!

9. Or the dyslexic pimp who spent his life savings on a wharehouse...

Taxi for 1!

10. Mike - helpful picture - I will make reference to it often.

However, is there such a word as 'splendider'? I believe that Lewis Carrol used it, but I'm not certain I'd do something just because he did it, if you know what I mean!

11. DD. What do you mean: "Is there such a word?" If you think it's OK and can't be easily misconstrued, then use it. That's how languages are formed in the first place.

MsG

12. I proofread all my (equally intelligentsia :p ) colleagues' epistles and Mr F's dispatches, because I learned this blasted language the hard way! :twisted:

TXT talk is the bane of my life, though. I can't understand it and have no desire to learn it. I must be one of the few people who actually use punctuation and capitalisation on txt messages. Drives Mr F mad.

English is a beautiful language, let's not slaughter it but be creative with it. :D

13. As a public service, I've just installed ieSpell.
    It meant I had to fire up ie instead of Firefox (I feel slightly dirty now), but I did it anyway.

It's a fantastic bit of kit - works exactly like the spell checker in word.
    You can customise the dictionary, e.g. to add arrse instead of arse.

I'm going to start a campaign to ram it down the throat of anyone who needs it.

[thinks]
    Can I write a virus which will automatically install it?
    [/thinks].

TTFN

BFG

14. Just buy a dictionary. Cheap as chips and a hell of a good read.