Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by ark-angel, Aug 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. LINKY

give it some fella, but how can this man get jail and some one caught with half a kilo of heroin get £75 and 200hrs suspended
  2. i know that i just thought it might lead to some sort of

A) Discussion before decending into farce and vigilanty style speed policing

B) Damn god slagging before decending into a thread on women wearing skintight leathers thread ??
  3. 15 months - Pathetic really. In the US he'd be fcuking his hand in a cell for the next 10 years!
  4. he did 130mph, whilst being chased. He didn´t immediately pull over and say "it´s a fair cop gub".

He was already banned from driving, there fore he was also uninsured.

Although jail time IS a bit much.

I favour the ban, and a bail. He get´s the bail back after attending 15 months worth of community service.
  5. He's already banned... and still riding. Whats to stop him doing the same again if not in prison.

Result I say... Shame its only 15 month!
  6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

True but hardly a hardened criminal, although he might be when he gets out.

It's not like you or the rest of us ever speed so we can sit in judgement.
  7. Well he knew what he was doing, and knew that he was banned, so really all I can say is: 'if you can't do the time, do'nt do the crime!

8. That i'll have... However its not like any of us lead double figures of Police Cars into treble figure speeds in a pursuit on a road occupied by people who pay good money for the right to drive on them.

I hate Traffic regs and speed restrictions as much as the next driver but still his actions were very dangerous!
  9. Fcuk off. I can judge this pr1ck how I choose. 130 mph, putting other peoples lives at risk while refusing to stop AND uninsured or legal to ride. Makes him a 'big' criminal to me. I'm glad they're throwing the scum in nick.
  10. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Thanks for that but my point was is a 15 month prison sentence an appropriate punishment considering the crime? You can be as outraged as you like I suppose because you are paying the 26k a year to keep him locked up, it's your money after all.
  11. You're right OS, it's not appropriate, should be 30 months. I don't care what is costs to keep the scum locked up as long as he's off my road. You give the impression that if it's too expensive to keep someone in jail then they should be free to retain their liberties and carry on life at their leisure. He was already banned from driving so the next stage is jail which is where the pr1ck is.
  12. 15 month sentence, so he's only going to actually do half of that so it won't cost 26k.

But if he was let out to do the same again, what damage is he going to cause? How much will it cost to catch him next time? Who's he going to kill or maim and what's that going to cost the taxpayer?

Everyone speeds a bit it's true, and if we are caught we pull over talk to the nice policeman and pay our fine. But full on chase with the police, failing to stop and doing 130 mph? That is premeditated, dangerously irresponsible and criminal and if we don't lock them up how's it ever going to end?
  13. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I don't condone his behaviour at all just thinking he could be messed around equally as much with community service or tagging than jail and it's associated costs.

There's many more serious scourges on society that get away with much less punishment, but I bow to the majority.

Edited for clarity.
  14. It's the TOTAL restriction of privilages that only jail can bring about. A tag or litter picking is just a 'bit of a larf' to these idiots and hardly a punishment.

Just because worse crimes go unpunished should not mean we go soft on lesser crimes. Was this motorbike stolen? If so he should have had a hand lopped off.
  15. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Please yourself.