Speeding tickets

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by BiscuitsAB, May 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

ARRSE! got one, first one since 2006! safety camera van on a restricted dual carrige way. Over took a scooter doing thirty with a car up its arse and pulled back in got done. what do you recon take the points or do the "you've been a naughty boy" course?

If anyones done the course is it run by a sanctimonious prick telling you what a tosser you are or is it tolerable?

cheers and feel free to mock!

2. Social worker colleague did the course and said he learned a lot.

3. take the course, you may learn something from it & you will still have a clean licence!

4. naughty boy course. You will have to put up with being lectured by up their own arse know alls. However, as a regular on here, you'll be accustomed to that already

• Like Like x 8
  5. Where I live it would be £60 and three points or £80 for the course. Bearing in mind that you have to declare the points when you next renew your insurance do the course. I did it and the officer who took it was by no means a sanctimonious prick. He took it very seriously but at the same time put it over in an interesting manner.

6. I'm mocking. You fucking hooligan, it's the likes of you who endanger other 'law abiding' (< take note) road users. I hope the beak sends you down!

7. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Do the course, no points nothing to tell the insurance company. In NI the AA do them it's bearable and there's tea and coffee.
    Could have been worse, tiny village, camera van sets itself at the end where everyone hoofs it up a hill to get to the national speed limit. Of course they get done, not only that but they get the God botherers on the way home from church and chapel going in the opposite direction.
    Cops had so much fun they did it two weeks in a row, husband one week wife the next.

8. Do the course. Contribute to discussion but bite your lip when seeing the inevitable red mist comes down at the patronising manner. Do not try to change the course date you apply for, they will charge you for it.

9. I got caught in Hastings,doing 45 in a 40.I ignored the letter on the grounds it wasn't sent by registered post so they could never prove I'd had it.Three years later nothing ever came from it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. i took the course and learned how to save fuel.............very surprising what you "unlearn" in 2 decades of driving

11. Not the best defence HAD something come of it; the way the law was written, merely saying that 'they' had posted it is proof that they had... arrse, but true. I think peppipo or whatever the website is has the details of this obscure and wank technicality. Its one of the few remaining areas where "because the policeman said he did, he did" is taken as gospel. :(

12. I did the course (Avon & Somerset) and didn't feel particularly patronised. And the way insurance is going at the moment your premium will rise significantly even with just the three points.

13. @tiny The people running it around here are a "safer roads partnership" funded by the police and others - so not actually plod!

14. I've done two, so I'm obviously a bit 'special needs'.

Some force areas have a driving element, others are just classroom.

Don't argue with the course presenter or try any special pleading or what-ifs ("Yes I know I was doing 50 in a 30 but it was 3.00 am, there was no one about and I'd put high octane in by mistake".) You will ALWAYS lose and you'll just piss the others off. You will probably be shown some gory RTC vids. You will learn/relearn some useful stuff, but if you are like me, you might too soon forget it.

Some insurance companies now ask if you've ever been on such a course, so the advantage of not getting the points might soon diminish.

15. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

See there's always a silver lining!

I know theres no extenuating circumstances so not even going to plead why I did what I did on here or anywhere else. I will say however in urban single carriage areas I do under thirty and around schools its near twenty on the motorways its 80. Its my own fault for not seeing the damm van, but the bastard was well camouflaged. Still if I get to watch gory vids and a cup of tea thats a bonus :) can I talk about fucking the corpse if its a bird or do you think thats verboten?