Speeding Fines - France

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Kaiser_Soze, Jan 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having recently been flashed (by a speed camera) at excessive speed (c. 120mph) in France (outside the Calais region), I am obviously twitching a little as to the potential financial ramifications of my enjoyment of the continents excellent motorways.

Does anyone know the likelihood of this catching up with me and if so the likely cost?

2. Its ok they are French, tell them to go Feck their mothers.

3. Raise your voice at them, and they'll hand you the keys to the city. It's been done before and it worked. Ask Adolf.

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I did the toll roads at 150mph in last summer - saw no fuzzies, no cameras, but lots of exceptionally p!ssed off frogs.

fcuk'em

5. I am afraid it rests in the lap of the gods. I recently got done for doing about 95 mph - cost me about 100 pounds including exchange rate

6. Think the frog police are a bit busy at the moment locating several billion € in market losses, but then again your fair game, Brit Plates start saving BFG will be in touch if there was film in the camera. :oops:

7. There is only one word for the fine if they catch up with you

Fuckingouch!

You say you were doing 120MPH on the motorway?

So that would be 190KPH ish - limit = 120KPH means 70Kph over the limit.

This would mean
    Fine : 1500 euros
    License points loss: 6 points
    License suspension : 3 years

Fuckingouch as I said.

Look here -
    http://english.controleradar.org/speeding-in-france.php

8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I dont believe France has any agreements with UK so you should be ok, you just need to watch out for the manned police speed traps.

9. I shot through one doing 135mph last summer/spring (been a few times). Got pulled over about 5 miles up the road. Asked if I had my passport with me. I said no.

Drove off, NFTR.

I think it depends on them getting your details and whether they can be arrsed linking your reg with the UK database, etc.

Learn your lesson. I certainly did(nt)

:D

10. Cheers Steven......

Although French speed limit on Motorways is 130kph is most areas...... not that it makes any difference

11. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

They did not have you logged, they just knew you were (obviously) speeding. They would probably impound your car at that speed and you would be before a beak the next day. The laser is linked to a video recorder and can only track 1 car at a time and needs a few seconds to resync when switching to the next car - remember you are only in the target zone for a few seconds especially at that speed.
    Always play innocent and ask how fast you going, sound surprised and ask for a printout before admitting anything - this has worked 1 out of 3 times for my Mrs who seems to be too blind to see the cameras in time....

12. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

No printout, you can say you dont believe you were speeding (which is legally different to denying it) - but of course they can screw you around for hours which if you are heading for a ferry can cost more than 90euros - and they know it....

13. I don't suppose it helps to act dumb, not speak word of the lingo and threaten to run the french ba5tards through with your saber????

14. :? tell them you work in the white flag factory and there was a rush job on! i am sure they will understand !!

in fact tell them you had a call from your white flag factory and the message was it caught fire!! now that is a get of jail free card 100%