Speed of Dark

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by spiffy, Nov 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is worrying me:

The speed of Light is 299,792,458 metres per second but what is the speed of Dark ?

2. The speed of light is 3.8 x 10 to the eighth, the speed of dark is 0

3. How do you explain that Usain Bolt fellow then?

4. The speed of dark is infinite and bends time.

5. No units there.... take 3/10 and masses of red ink!

c = 3.8*10^8 m/s (Frog speak)
    c = 186,000 miles/sec (Good old Imperial units)

I woud argue that the speed of "dark" is exactly the same. Switch off the sun and we won't know for 8.3 minutes (93,000,000 miles divided by the speed of light). Ergo, the speed of "dark" is the same as the speed of light.

I can also prove that 2+2 = 5 but the Treasury is actually much better at it than me!

Litotes

6. The speed of dark is exactly the same as the speed of light, as it depends wavicles (or the absence of them). The speed of silence, however, is not the same as the speed of sound, due to the way that sound propagates in anything other than a vacuum (in a vacuum, the speed of sound and the speed of silence converge to nearly zero).

7. That's very impressive stuff - where is that switch? I want to throw it coz I'm in the candle business and could make some money...

8. How do you know its not the same speed as light, if its too dark to see it?

9. You need a flux capacitor and 1.21 gigawatts of electrikery to get a true reading

10. How have you quoted a post that I can't even see?

11. Get yourself a flux capacitor and all will become clear

12. I finish my wanks quicker if I have the lights off, but they take a lot longer if I make loads of noise while I'm at it. Hope this helps.

13. Shit - he's brought the speed of sound ino the debate - we'll be hear all chuffing night now

14. Have an e-£5 for that one! :D

15. Does the troll filter block out my posts, or is it just that Art can't be bothered reading all the posts made while he's thinking up his latest?

edited for mong typing